How do we finish- Predict last 7 games

HawkPrdatr40

Here is what I'm thinking.

Note: I'm basing this off what we saw from yesterday.

Northwestern- Loss (3-3)
Indiana- Win (4-3)
Minnesota- Win (5-3)
Michigan- Loss (5-4) This game could potentially get real ugly.
Michigan State- Loss (5-5)
Purdue- Win (6-5) By the chinny chin chin
Nebraska- Loss (6-6) See Michigan comments.

I know Iowa's Offense is much, much better than what we saw yesterday so if they can get that baby fired up. We can turn the Northwestern and MSU games into wins. I still think Michigan is going to be hand full.

NWU: Win
IU: Loss
Minn: Win
Mich: Loss
MSU: Win
Purdue: Win
Neb: Win

8-4. Outback Bowl v. Auburn.
Michigan wins the Legends. Wisconsin wins the B1G, goes to Rose Bowl, and we lose a couple recruits to Wisconsin in off season.

I think our only remaining wins come from Purdue, Minnesota, and Indiana after what I saw yesterday. If we can adapt and come out next week and beat Northwestern, I think we have a long shot at winning the Legends division based on how Michigan plays out the rest of the year.

A lot of "What ifs" still remain for this team.

NW - win
IU - Win
Minny - Win
Michigan - loss
MSU - loss
Purdue - win
Nebraska - loss

Finish 4-3 over the last 7 and 7-4 overall. Finish in 4th place in the Legends division and slotted as the 8th selection for the bowl games.

I am not even confident in the Purdue game. 5-7.
DL is too small, can't get pressure and gets b*tch slapped by larger OL's. OL not as good as it should be.
Wisconsin/Nebraska play in championship. Wisky goes to Rose. Iowa gets to watch from home.

Ok. Knee jerk reaction over. Iowa will get better. 6-6, maybe 7-6. A disapointment to be sure but it wil be better next year.

im not sure we will defeat indiana or purdue. we ARE do vs N'Western but never seem to rise to the occasion. look for a 5 win season

I think we might win two more games minny being one not sure if it will be Indiana or Purdue Iowas defense sucks really bad.

Here is what I'm thinking.

Note: I'm basing this off what we saw from yesterday.

Northwestern- Loss (3-3)
Indiana- Win (4-3)
Minnesota- Win (5-3)
Michigan- Loss (5-4) This game could potentially get real ugly.
Michigan State- Loss (5-5)
Purdue- Win (6-5) By the chinny chin chin
Nebraska- Loss (6-6) See Michigan comments.

I know Iowa's Offense is much, much better than what we saw yesterday so if they can get that baby fired up. We can turn the Northwestern and MSU games into wins. I still think Michigan is going to be hand full.
Wow-ostrich.
I see it exactly the same way.
6-6 :(
sigh................

At best Iowa goes 3-4. Realistic I say Iowa goes 2.7, the only wins coming against ind, and minn. I am not comfortable even saying that Iowa could win those games. The o and d lines really need improvement, in order to win more games.

NW - win As a hunch, I think Iowa looks to play inspired in this one. Everyone gets back on board. 50-50% chance of winning due to struggles with this team. For bowl purposes and turning this season around, it becomes a huge game.

IU - Win Iowa with an easy win. 70-30% chance of winning
Minny - Win A close road win. 65-35% of winning because of our road struggles.

Michigan - Loss....had this as a win to start the year, but Michigan is playing a lot better. 60-40% chance of losing considering it is at Kinnick.

MSU - Win: Right now I will say win as the home team seems to have the upper hand in this game and Iowa has been playing MSU quite well of late. 50-50% chance

Purdue - Loss As a hunch we will struggle on the road and against their offense. 55-45% chance of losing

Nebraska - Loss Ugly Loss 90% chance we lose.

Realistically, I would say Iowa only has 2 almost for sure wins, 3 games that could go either way, 1 almost certain loss, and 1 for sure loss.

This tells me the season is still a mystery for Iowa, but the upside is not looking real pretty right now. Iowa's season could go in a lot of directions depending if they can make improvements or not.

My best bet 7-5.

Last edited:
8-4...7-5???? Were any of you watching the atrocity I was watching yesterday??? This coaching staff had two weeks...TWO WEEKS to prepare for a very average Penn State team and we put up 3 points and gave up over 200 yards of rushing to a team whose quarterback is so bad we knew they were going to try to run the ball. Purdue put up some big numbers yesterday so I wouldn't count my chickens if I were Iowa. I see the rest of the season as this (and remind you I am much more pessimistic about this team and coaching staff):

Northwestern (Loss, 3-3)
Indiana (Win, 4-3)
Minnesota (Win, 5-3)
Michigan (Loss, 5-4)
Michigan State (Loss, 5-5)
Purdue (Loss, 5-6)
Nebraska (Loss, 5-7)

If this coaching staff gets its head out of the sand and the players make some big improvements, I could see the Hawks winning the Purdue game to finish 6-6.

Iowa will beat Indiana, MN, and Purdue and one of NW,Michigan, MSU and Nebraska. 3 out of the 4 are at home

I'm thinking we beat Indiana and Minnesota, then get 2 of 3 against NW, MSU and Purdue. Guess I'll go with 7-5, but I wouldn't be shocked at 6-6, either.

We win all of our games leading up to Nebraska, and all of you negative nanceys who are call for kfs head, start saying what a great coach he is for turning the season around, cheer up hawk fans.

Unless MacMillan finally gets back to form, it will be 2 wins the rest of the way. The interior of Iowa's line has been brutal since he went down. Sucks that none of these guys everyone has been excited about on Iowa's line like Scherff, Boselli, Donnell, etc., seem to be good enough to crack an underperforming line-up.

Last edited:

Latest posts