How do we finish- Predict last 7 games

Unless KF allows the offense to actually score points, Iowa is not going to win many more games this year.

If KF sticks with his seven play playbook, Iowa might win two games the rest of the year. Maybe Minnesota and maybe Indiana, both will be close games however.

Maybe 5-7 this year...or maybe the coaches lose the team the last five games like they did last year.
All of Iowas games are close. Some close wins, some close losses. That is what is so frustrating. Any of these remaining games we may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Could go either way because of the way we play. Never put anybody away. Wouldn't want anybody to get their feelings hurt. Take a knee whenever we can, before half or at the end of regulation. Throw a hail mary at the end of the half? Why would you? You might get an INT returned 100 yards agains't you. Doesn't matter home or away, inferior or superior opposition.

This weekend will say a lot in my eyes. If we lose to NW this weekend we will be lucky to get 6. I hope I'm wrong though.

NW--L
IU--W
MN--W
MI--L
MSU--L
PU--W
NE--L

according to my abacus, that would be 6-6...welcome to the Meineke No One Gives a Crap Bowl! Maybe!

NW- L (41-35). They give us problems and until I see the coaching staff adjust to the different offenses we face this season, I think we will continue to see the Hawks struggle or even lose to spread teams. Especially ones like NW with an accurate, scrambling QB at the helm.
Ind- W (24-13). Shouldn't be too much trouble. It might be close in the first half due to Iowa starting off slow against them usually but we put it away in the second half.
Min- W (28-14). Minnesota is the worst team in the BIG this year and Iowa will find a way to win this one, regardless of whether it's pretty or not. Floyd returns to IC this year.
Mich- L (42-28). This game worries me because although we have beaten them in the past with Denard, I just don't think we have the front 7 to do it this time. Their D isn't great but it's better than it has been and they will score enough to win this one.
MSU- W (17-14). I think this will be the game that the Hawks play really well in and show us the potential that this team has. We usually play MSU well and I think that will continue to be the case this year.
Pur- W (20-17). I know a lot of us are worried about this game because we usually struggle in West Lafayette and it's very reminiscent of the Minnesota game last year. However, I think we find a way to scratch and claw this one out. I think this game may be a pretty big stepping stone to the game in Lincoln the following week.
Neb- L (35-28). I would love to predict a win for the Hawks here but I just can't see it. We are struggling to stop the run and Nebraska's option has the potential to give us a lot of problems. It will be a very hostile environment and although I think we will keep it relatively close, I think we come up short.

7-5, 4-4 in the BIG. Not good, not bad. Just average. This wasn't a team that should have been expected to go far because we are breaking in some new people at key positions but I think we will see a pretty decent football team at the end of the year.

NW--W (4-2)
IU--W (5-2)
MN--W (6-2)
MI--L (6-3)
MSU--L (6-4)
PU--W (7-4)
NE--L (7-5)

7-5 I think we build a little momentum the next three games before a tough 3 of 4 games to end the season.

Yup....this is the best case scenerio. Could get uglier.

Latest posts