How Do We Beat The Huskers?

I didn't realize Nebraska is 10th in the nation in rushing defense. This game scares me, I think CJ will have to have a career day to get a win. I expect crazy blitzing and CJ has a tendency to hold the ball too long and take sacks. That being said the screen game should be huge. What does everyone think?

Score more points then them.

This game worries me. I've not been overly impressed by the way our line has played on both sides of the ball. Our defensive line has not done a good job getting pressure on the QB that last 2 games. Our O-line has had breakdowns in picking up the blitz. If the lines show up, It will be a game much like Northwestern. If they don't, CJ will need to play an amazing game to get out of Lincoln with a W.

It's not, how do WE beat the douchers, ITS HOW DO THEY BEAT US! Said in the same sense of "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with ME!" They gotta worry about us. F Nebraska

Smash them hard! Both run and pass. Even though they are statistically OK on defense they always have a hard time stopping Jordan Canzari. He has their number averaging 5.2 yards per carry against them. He also has a receiving TD. In his last regular season game he will help lead Iowa to victory. Iowa also has the 3rd most efficient passing attack in the Big 10. So they won't be able to key off on Canzari.

Special teams needs to do their job.

Just watch out for the fake punt, don't get anything blocked. don't give up the big return. Recover the onside kick in the 4Q, make all the extra points

Even if Iowa does make a special teams mistake, they are probably good enough to win. But if special teams does its job, Iowa wins in a blowout.

Play all four quarters. Nebby is all
looks and show, no go. They want to come out and act tough and try to knock you out in the first round. There's not a lot of substance with them. Play all four quarters and nebby cashes it in in the fourt as they all start planning their post game house parties.

Also, stay alert. Little red feasts on sleepy defenses late when they go bombs away. This could come down to how well Mabin plays.

Contain their QB and run the ball. As long as they don't let Armstrong run around and chuck it downfield Iowa will win this.

Also, stay alert. Little red feasts on sleepy defenses late when they go bombs away. This could come down to how well Mabin plays.

Scary thought. Much like Koehn, Mabin has regressed. Based on the last 6 games or so I'd be terrified if the game came down to either of the two.

Although Neb did sneak in a victory over MSU, this is still the team that lost to Purdue, NW, Wisc, ILL, BYU and Miami.

Even if you write a couple of those off as bad luck, good teams do not leave themsevles vulnerable to losing on a fluke play. Good teams have the game won before the last series. Neb is not a good team.

with the exception of Wisc, Iowa has played no team that had the ball with a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. well I guess Pitt could have went for 2 after their last TD, but they were playing for OT so Pitt does not count.

Although Neb did sneak in a victory over MSU, this is still the team that lost to Purdue, NW, Wisc, ILL, BYU and Miami.

Even if you write a couple of those off as bad luck, good teams do not leave themsevles vulnerable to losing on a fluke play. Good teams have the game won before the last series. Neb is not a good team.

with the exception of Wisc, Iowa has played no team that had the ball with a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. well I guess Pitt could have went for 2 after their last TD, but they were playing for OT so Pitt does not count.

And unless I'm remembering incorrectly, even if Wisconsin would've scored on their last possession we still would've gotten the ball back with maybe 90 seconds and a timeout. Can't remember exactly but I remember telling myself something like that during the goal line stand.

kNU has been wildly unpredictable, this season, as far as their performances have gone. I just believe that we need to be aggressive and dictate to them the pace of the game. Don't allow them to gain confidence by feeling they are controlling the pace. Keep them reactionary. We need CJ big in this game and we'll need to break tendencies. DMX needs some carriers on 3rd and short.

I just don't buy the whole "Nebby's looking to play the roll of spoiler and looking to become bowl eligible so they'll be ready to go and we need to be sure to match their intensity" mindset. While mentally they (Nebby) may be locked in I don't see how that mentality puts us at a disadvantage. Sure they want this game so they can play spoiler and go to a ***** bowl game, but based on that mindset I think they're at a disadvantage.

We're two wins away from the playoffs, and were worried about Nebby being fired up? My opinion is they need to worry about matching our intensity. Let them want to play spoiler all they want were looking at them as the last obstacle standing between us and an undefeated regular season, in addition to redemption from last years epic collapse.

If both teams come out ready to play I don't see any possible way that their intensity could match ours when comparing who wants it more.

I just don't buy the whole "Nebby's looking to play the roll of spoiler and looking to become bowl eligible so they'll be ready to go and we need to be sure to match their intensity" mindset. While mentally they (Nebby) may be locked in I don't see how that mentality puts us at a disadvantage. Sure they want this game so they can play spoiler and go to a ***** bowl game, but based on that mindset I think they're at a disadvantage.

We're two wins away from the playoffs, and were worried about Nebby being fired up? My opinion is they need to worry about matching our intensity. Let them want to play spoiler all they want were looking at them as the last obstacle standing between us and an undefeated regular season, in addition to redemption from last years epic collapse.

If both teams come out ready to play I don't see any possible way that their intensity could match ours when comparing who wants it more.

Good post, can't imagine Nebraska will be up to get to a crap December bowl. If Nebraska considers themselves a spoiler they are more messed up than I ever thought.

Scary thought. Much like Koehn, Mabin has regressed. Based on the last 6 games or so I'd be terrified if the game came down to either of the two.

I'm confident in Koehn kicking a 50 yarder to win the game but I'd be sweating bullets if it were a 20 yarder.

Latest posts