How Could Any Football Fan Not See it was Helmet to Helmet?

That's the problem with how they play today. Get excited after making a play even though it might be a penalty. The time to get excited is after the game is over.

That's the problem with how they play today. Get excited after making a play even though it might be a penalty. The time to get excited is after the game is over.

I think that's a pretty clinical view of something pretty complex. It wasn't that excessive. Getting excited about big plays can help build momentum.

I am still dumbfounded that the PbP announcer kept saying the hit wasn't helmet to helmet, that he didn't lead with his head. The replay is crystal clear, a most obvious H2H if I've ever seen one. He lead with the crown of his helmet and made contact with the crown of the WR's.

How can anyone who follows football not acknowledge that it was a clear H2H? A penalty flag should get thrown every single time for a hit like that.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/state-rivals/70048-another-phantom-helmet-helmet-iowa.html

Kind of like celebrating making a shot in basketball as they drive past you and make a layup. You don't see the Hawkeyes getting excited like that after one play very often. Make the hit, go back to the huddle, make the next play. I realize the kid made a hit, but big picture is most important.

Obviously this was a helmet-to-helmet penalty! The MSU player lowered his head( if he meant to or not).

What upsets me, and I'm surprised nobody has talked about this yet, is the fact that the MSU COACH was standing on the field arguing about the call. Our IOWA player was laying there having a seizure, and their coach had the balls to sit there and argue the call. I have completely lost all respect for their coach. If he would've just talked to the head official on the sideline, that wouldn't be so bad, but when you're out on the field arguing it in front of everyone, that is b.s.

How did our player feel laying there in bad shape, when the whole stadium is going crazy because they thought it was a bad call?

Michigan State didn't have any respect for our injured player on the field, and that alone makes me hate each and every one of them.

Show a little respect when a guy is severly injured!

Obviously this was a helmet-to-helmet penalty! The MSU player lowered his head( if he meant to or not).

What upsets me, and I'm surprised nobody has talked about this yet, is the fact that the MSU COACH was standing on the field arguing about the call. Our IOWA player was laying there having a seizure, and their coach had the balls to sit there and argue the call. I have completely lost all respect for their coach. If he would've just talked to the head official on the sideline, that wouldn't be so bad, but when you're out on the field arguing it in front of everyone, that is b.s.

How did our player feel laying there in bad shape, when the whole stadium is going crazy because they thought it was a bad call?

Michigan State didn't have any respect for our injured player on the field, and that alone makes me hate each and every one of them.

I said it before-to ALL who thought that call was bs....just thank God it wasn't your head!

THIS.

No way in hell that wasn't a helmet to helmet. He had a freaking seizure for gods sake.

Last year it seemed 2 me that NW meant to take Shonn Greene out of the game - two vicious H2H shots on the same play?

Greene had to leave and NW went on to win because we wouldn't trust the ball to Hampton.
I've held the NW staff responsible for that ...

yeah i agree Hawk31. i was watching the game with soem friends and it was obvious to us that there was helmet to helmet contact. the defensive player even left his feet when he hit him. that was a discrase to MSU seeing their head coach yelling at the official while an IOWA player was down. im just glad that IOWA coaches know how to handle themselves durring a big game...unlike the MSU coaching staff

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ZdFlZ_wcA"]YouTube - Jeremy Ware hits Colin Sandeman[/ame]
Pretty obvious helmet to helmet. I can't see how people don't see it. Now, maybe the flag was thrown late, but usually its better to be right with the call than right with the timing. Isn't that why we replay for other stuff? So the refs can get the call right after they stop and think about it.

yeah i have to agree on the way the player, the coach and the fans behaved aftere the hit. When colin hit the ground and just seized up i knew he was hurt and it was pretty bad. And the whole time the MSU player is glooting the coach is screaming at the offical and the fans are booing. Come on he could have been severly hurt. I prayed for him during the comercial break and was just thankfull he was able to walk off the field. I was fully expecting to see the cart.

I will be keeping colin and Greenwood in my prayers after those to hit's.

I am still dumbfounded that the PbP announcer kept saying the hit wasn't helmet to helmet, that he didn't lead with his head. The replay is crystal clear, a most obvious H2H if I've ever seen one. He lead with the crown of his helmet and made contact with the crown of the WR's.

How can anyone who follows football not acknowledge that it was a clear H2H? A penalty flag should get thrown every single time for a hit like that.

Go over to cyclone fanatic if you want to see a bunch of "football" fans not seeing it that way. Pretty sad in deed.

Not only was it H2H, but it looks like it took him out before hitting ground. His head also hit the ground VERY hard with direct impact. I pray he is okay.

In the last 10 years or so, the "ideal" tackle has changed. It used to be a good tackle meant wrapping up and driving the opponent to the ground, now it is just leading with the helmet to deliver the knock out. Makes me kind of sick really. That was a very good call although late. Not sure what Wayne Larabee was looking at or if he couldn't hear the helmet to helmet or if he is kind of oblivious.

I was listening to Dolph & Eddie. The replay was obvious, a perfect example of H2H.

Same here. Dolph calling the MSU fans "morons" was truely a priceless moment. Speaking of morons, look at this clown on Cyclone Fanatic. Instead of celebrating his teams historic win, he ******* about the Iowa game.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...excuse-when-they-lose-same-when-they-win.html

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/state-rivals/70048-another-phantom-helmet-helmet-iowa.html

I replied to another post about this-the kid taunting after that hit should get suspended for a game. Completely uncalled for. And the officiating crew should also get suspended. How do you miss that?!! It took 2 minutes for them to throw the flag. To all the MSU fans that didn't like that call....just thank God that wasn't your head.

I hope that Sandeman is OK-he really played well tonight leading up to that. That was viscious.

There was never a flag thrown, it wasn't until after the play was reviewed (for whatever reason), that the penalty was assesed. I have yet to hear what Larivee said about it, but I'm watching the replay right now. Should be interesting.

I agree that the hit was clearly helmet to helmet, but a question... why are we calling that play in the first place...

That throw to the receiver in the flat has burned us in more ways than one this year. The Michigan pick six was on that exact same throw, we set our players up to get lit up by opposing players, and even if the catch is made, we are looking at a gain of a yard or two at most. I would much rather see our receivers going out and running routes that move the ball than running plays with low potential reward and setting ourselves up for disaster...

Last year it seemed 2 me that NW meant to take Shonn Greene out of the game - two vicious H2H shots on the same play?

Greene had to leave and NW went on to win because we wouldn't trust the ball to Hampton.
I've held the NW staff responsible for that ...

Do you hold the jNU staff responsible for 5 Iowa turnovers and not being able to score on 4 consecutive plays from the 8 yard line?

Latest posts