How big a town are you from?

Denver HS
Pop. 1600. 78 in class.
Cedar Wapsie conf back in the 80s

Now home to the Outback bowl and 3 million people in Tampa FL.

Loved it there. Loved it here. But I could move back to small town Iowa.

Denver HS
Pop. 1600. 78 in class.
Cedar Wapsie conf back in the 80s

Now home to the Outback bowl and 3 million people in Tampa FL.

Loved it there. Loved it here. But I could move back to small town Iowa.

Ever heard of a gal named Deb Judas?

Fun thread! Grew up in NW Iowa, Rock Rapids, then changed to Central Lyon when I was a sophomore, I think. Pop. then was about 3000, but about 2500 today. Had a "leave it to beaver" childhood. In fact, the "beav's" father coached football there many years ago. Was privileged to play on a football team as a JR. that was rated #3 in the state (class B) by the old Des Moines register, well before playoffs, etc. As a Sr. we lost one game. Also, my senior year, our basketball team lost only 1 game, and that was to Heelan HS one game before the state tournament...no classes then. Mike Klinkenborg played at Iowa and our neighbor is West Lyon, which has had some notable Hawk football players, as well. Our undefeated football team noted above is now in the Central Lyon HS hall of fame. Kind of a neat honor. Loved my hometown. Now retired in Sheboygan Falls, WI.

Was anyone in this thread ever part of a State Championship team?

I was, it was great.1977 Class 4A. Played in the UniDome, defeated a very excellent Newton squad, after prevailing over Dubuque Heptstead and Davenport Assumption. We practiced in Kinnick Stadium en route to Cedar Falls. The turf was glorified asphalt...

Latest posts