How Bad Is This Season So Far?

And yet once again no surprise on who like this post, why I have no clue but hey to each their own TK!!!

Lick's 2nd class didn't include Marble and McCabe... Lick inherited the 2007 class of Cole, Kelly and Peterson.. The 2008 was the Gatens class and Licks first.. The Iowa's 2009 Class was Cougill, Payne, May, Brommer and Jermain Davis.. The 2010 class which would have been his 3rd class included McCabe and Marble, Brust and Larson!, Basabe and Cartwritght and Yes Fran had to rerecruit both McCabe and Marble..

http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2294/class/2010

http://www.thegazette.com/2012/04/2...consin-an-individual-family-making-a-decision

Within days of his hiring, new Iowa Coach Fran McCaffery tried to re-recruit all four players. McCabe had no interest in leaving Iowa, but Marble was a more difficult sell. Both opted to stay.
You're gonna want to read his post again. Take your time.

You're gonna want to read his post again. Take your time.

smitharooneyWell-Known Member

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk? Lick was hired in April of 2007 when the recruiting period was basically over. He didn’t really get to recruit his first season. There was zero talent when he took over . We absolutely sucked in Alford last season . The cupboard was bare when lick took over . In 2008 Lick brought in Brommer , Tucker and Gatens. Granted that class didn’t really pan out. Then Lick started to gain momentum in only his 2nd class with two four star recruits in Larson and Brust with the other two being Marble and MCCabe who did not ask to be released from their letters. Fran inherited them .Lick 3 seasons sucked but you need to be fair to him because he was given Zero time . How do you not know these facts ? How long have you been covering this team?

Lick was a better coach and a better recruiter. He was only given two recruiting seasons to turn this around because his first season he was hired late and didn’t get a chance to bring kids in. His first class was the Mcabe and Marble class which Fran inherited . That class took us to the NIT title game. His second class he landed two 4 star recruits who ended up going to other schools because we didn’t give the time he needed. If lick got to year 8 we would have been sniffing sweet 16’s instead of being one of the worst programs in the country.

**** Plus this guy posting on multiple Threads saying different things so just making sure he gets the facts right. oh and the fact that certain people are liking these posts.. So I read just fine and you might want to take your time reading before liking. I also noticed that you've taken away some of those likes now.. :) It's All in good fun for me TK. But when I see a poster saying different things, like this guy smithrooney he loses lots of credibility IMO and can't be taken serious.. I just smell a Troll.. :cool:
:cool:

Last edited:

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk? Lick was hired in April of 2007 when the recruiting period was basically over. He didn’t really get to recruit his first season. There was zero talent when he took over . We absolutely sucked in Alford last season . The cupboard was bare when lick took over . In 2008 Lick brought in Brommer , Tucker and Gatens. Granted that class didn’t really pan out. Then Lick started to gain momentum in only his 2nd class with two four star recruits in Larson and Brust with the other two being Marble and MCCabe who did not ask to be released from their letters. Fran inherited them .Lick 3 seasons sucked but you need to be fair to him because he was given Zero time . How do you not know these facts ? How long have you been covering this team?

Lick was a better coach and a better recruiter. He was only given two recruiting seasons to turn this around because his first season he was hired late and didn’t get a chance to bring kids in. His first class was the Mcabe and Marble class which Fran inherited . That class took us to the NIT title game. His second class he landed two 4 star recruits who ended up going to other schools because we didn’t give the time he needed. If lick got to year 8 we would have been sniffing sweet 16’s instead of being one of the worst programs in the country.

**** Plus this guy posting on multiple Threads saying different things so just making sure he gets the facts right. oh and the fact that certain people are liking these posts.. So I read just fine and you might want to take your time reading before liking. I also noticed that you've taken away some of those likes now.. :) It's All in good fun for me TK. But when I see a poster saying different things, like this guy smithrooney he loses lots of credibility IMO and can't be taken serious.. I just smell a Troll.. :cool:
:cool:
You literally repeated what he said in the post you replied to. SMH
I don't even know why I try with you. Are you 5 years old?

[QUOT

E="tksirius, post: 1668261, member: 39717"]You literally repeated what he said in the post you replied to. SMH
I don't even know why I try with you. Are you 5 years old?[/QUOTE]

No and technically he is now repeating me, since he finally read what I wrote for the last 2 days.. Guy was all over the map as I showed you above.. Heck who knows maybe he will post that Marble and McCabe were inherited in his first class from Alford.

Who is asking you to try? I've said from the very beginning since getting a bit more active on here that I see through your act and others do as well and its the same ol act as the HN Scout days.. Try Harder TK because not fooling me.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You literally repeated what he said in the post you replied to. SMH
I don't even know why I try with you. Are you 5 years old?

And TK you literally created this thread from a comment you posted in a another thread... So who's 5 years old and likes attention.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

images

IS FRAN AND IOWA BASKETBALL AT A TIPPING POINT?

tksiriusWell-Known Member

Lick's first year he was 6-5 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 11.18 points a game.
Lick's second year he was 9-2 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 15.81 points a game.
Lick's third year he was 4-7 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 14 points a game.

This year, Fran is 5-6 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 5 points a game.

Monday at 3:06 PM

Last edited:
And TK you literally created this thread from a comment you posted in a another thread... So who's 5 years old and likes attention.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

images

IS FRAN AND IOWA BASKETBALL AT A TIPPING POINT?

tksiriusWell-Known Member

Lick's first year he was 6-5 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 11.18 points a game.
Lick's second year he was 9-2 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 15.81 points a game.
Lick's third year he was 4-7 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 14 points a game.

This year, Fran is 5-6 in his first 11 games. Outscored opponents avg of 5 points a game.

Monday at 3:06 PM
You're grasping now. The end is nigh.

You're grasping now. The end is nigh.

It's not grasping when it's literally right in front of you for all to see TK.. Hey it's okay you liked what you said in that thread and the comment was worthy of it's own Thread.. I'm guessing we've all done it. :rolleyes::D

Latest posts