How Bad Is This Season So Far?

So we lost to a few so-so teams. It who Iowa has beaten (absolutely nobody) that would mean something. Iowa's schedule has been pretty soft so far no matter how you slice it.

The spin machine is really working overtime here.

You are forgetting that he is responding to someone who compared this schedule to Lick. Add in the next two games against crappy teams and get rid of the 2 Big 10 games and it would be comparable.

You are forgetting that he is responding to someone who compared this schedule to Lick. Add in the next two games against crappy teams and get rid of the 2 Big 10 games and it would be comparable.
Ding ding ding. A poster that actually reads posts and understands simple facts. Refreshing.

Just Iowa, because that's the only team I've seen with an 11 man rotation.

That's better. Saying it must not work because no one does it is better than sa
Ding ding ding. A poster that actually reads posts and understands simple facts. Refreshing.

It's crazy how hard it is for people to do. For some reason, people never take into account what the quoted post says.

Lick was a better coach and a better recruiter. He was only given two recruiting seasons to turn this around because his first season he was hired late and didn’t get a chance to bring kids in. His first class was the Mcabe and Marble class which Fran inherited . That class took us to the NIT title game. His second class he landed two 4 star recruits who ended up going to other schools because we didn’t give the time he needed. If lick got to year 8 we would have been sniffing sweet 16’s instead of being one of the worst programs in the country.

No surprise to see who the one like was on this GEM of a post.. which isn’t very inaccurate...

Marble and McCabe were not in Licks first Class! Let’s also not forget that Fran had to re-recruit Marble to come to Iowa as Lick was fired.. Licks First Class was 2009 and included Cougill, Payne, May, Brommer and Archie.. Lick inherited the 2008 Class of Gates, Tucker, BaWinkle and Fuller and retained 2 or them! The recruiting class for year Frans was 2010 first year were Basabe, Cartwright, McCabe and Marble. Fran had to convince Marble and Mcabe to stay with Iowa so technically he recruited them as well and Fran recruited Basabe and Cartwright..

No surprise to see who the one like was on this GEM of a post.. which isn’t very inaccurate...

Marble and McCabe were not in Licks first Class! Let’s also not forget that Fran had to re-recruit Marble to come to Iowa as Lick was fired.. Licks First Class was 2009 and included Cougill, Payne, May, Brommer and Archie.. Lick inherited the 2008 Class of Gates, Tucker, BaWinkle and Fuller and retained 2 or them! The recruiting class for year Frans was 2010 first year were Basabe, Cartwright, McCabe and Marble. Fran had to convince Marble and Mcabe to stay with Iowa so technically he recruited them as well and Fran recruited Basabe and Cartwright..
It's funny that a couple guys like every single negative post on here. They don't even have to make a point. As long as it's negative, it's good enough to like.

Guys like that should really evaluate who they are as a person. They might not even know they do it. But if it ever dawned on me that I liked every single post that is negative, I would really question who i am.

It's funny that a couple guys like every single negative post on here. They don't even have to make a point. As long as it's negative, it's good enough to like.

Guys like that should really evaluate who they are as a person. They might not even know they do it. But if it ever dawned on me that I liked every single post that is negative, I would really question who i am.
And to boot, half of the posts they are liking are coming from a known ISU troll!!

You are dead wrong and you don’t know your facts . Licklighter did not inherit the recruiting class of 2008 . He was hired very late in the spring of 2007. The class of 2008 with tucker , Brommer and Gatens was his first recruiting class. The class of 2009 was lick last recruiting class . Brust, Larson ,MCCabe and Marble signed their letters of intent in the fall of 2009 which was lick last season. Marble and MCCabe did not ask to be released from their letters so Fran did not have to re recruit them . Brust and Larson asked to be released. Lick wasn’t hired until April 2007 when the recruiting period was basically over.

Lick was a better coach and a better recruiter. He was only given two recruiting seasons to turn this around because his first season he was hired late and didn’t get a chance to bring kids in. His first class was the Mcabe and Marble class which Fran inherited . That class took us to the NIT title game. His second class he landed two 4 star recruits who ended up going to other schools because we didn’t give the time he needed. If lick got to year 8 we would have been sniffing sweet 16’s instead of being one of the worst programs in the country.

LOL...ahahahahahahahaha

That's a little harsh PC. This is a message board for analyzing Hawkeye sports. Nothing more to it.

Nice try! So is that why wasn’t he successful at Marian College lol
And by the way he was only there three seasons and in his second season he lead them to their most conference wins in school history .Now that is success. He is a good coach and he would have had us in better shape in year 8

And by the way he was only there three seasons and in his second season he lead them to their most conference wins in school history .Now that is success. He is a good coach and he would have had us in better shape in year 8

Haha! Surprised he didn’t land another coaching gig after that.

That's a little harsh PC. This is a message board for analyzing Hawkeye sports. Nothing more to it.

Maybe. I was just contemplating the mindset it would take to "like" every single post that was negative. I came to the conclusion that if it was me doing that, I would take a serious look in the mirror and wonder why I thought like that. There are clearly positive and negatives in both football and basketball. If you like everything negative and rip on everything positive, it's not a good sign.

Maybe. I was just contemplating the mindset it would take to "like" every single post that was negative. I came to the conclusion that if it was me doing that, I would take a serious look in the mirror and wonder why I thought like that. There are clearly positive and negatives in both football and basketball. If you like everything negative and rip on everything positive, it's not a good sign.
Ya, maybe, well I liked your post. There you go. :)

You are dead wrong and you don’t know your facts . Licklighter did not inherit the recruiting class of 2008 . He was hired very late in the spring of 2007. The class of 2008 with tucker , Brommer and Gatens was his first recruiting class. The class of 2009 was lick last recruiting class . Brust, Larson ,MCCabe and Marble signed their letters of intent in the fall of 2009 which was lick last season. Marble and MCCabe did not ask to be released from their letters so Fran did not have to re recruit them . Brust and Larson asked to be released. Lick wasn’t hired until April 2007 when the recruiting period was basically over.

And yet once again no surprise on who like this post, why I have no clue but hey to each their own TK!!!

Lick's 2nd class didn't include Marble and McCabe... Lick inherited the 2007 class of Cole, Kelly and Peterson.. The 2008 was the Gatens class and Licks first.. The Iowa's 2009 Class was Cougill, Payne, May, Brommer and Jermain Davis.. The 2010 class which would have been his 3rd class included McCabe and Marble, Brust and Larson!, Basabe and Cartwritght and Yes Fran had to rerecruit both McCabe and Marble..

http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2294/class/2010

http://www.thegazette.com/2012/04/2...consin-an-individual-family-making-a-decision

Within days of his hiring, new Iowa Coach Fran McCaffery tried to re-recruit all four players. McCabe had no interest in leaving Iowa, but Marble was a more difficult sell. Both opted to stay.

Last edited:
Are you one that likes every negative post? I was thinking of two other guys when I wrote that post.

Not the last I time checked. But, what could be perceived as a "negative post" could very well be a positive one if it discusses steps towards positive change....if needed.

Latest posts