How are those brackets looking, boys?

I picked 2 upsets and both teams choked on their opportunity and lost by 1...one literally passing up a layup for a 3 point attempt at the buzzer. *$%@& New Mexico St and Belmont.

Not quite,
You have waaaay better odds of winning the power ball.

The odds of winning are extremely long, at 1 in 292.2 million. But to put that in perspective:

– The odds of picking the perfect NCAA bracket are 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (that’s 9.2 quintillion!)
Nope.

9.2 quintillion is the number of possible combinations. Those would be the odds of picking a correct bracket if you chose your winners purely off a coin flip. In other words, the odds you mentioned say that 16 seeds will win 50% of the games against 1 seeds, which we know isn't true. There is a combination of skill and luck in picking teams, and the proportion of skill to luck shifts with every game result.

So in reality there's no way to know the true odds of a perfect bracket. There was a study at DePaul that settled on the odds of acing it at 1 in 128 billion, and there have been other studies that come up with wildly different numbers. It all depends on their methods.

Your odds are a whole lot closer to winning the Powerball than they are to 9.2 quintillion.

Last edited:
Mines not too bad so far. Murray St made me look good. But Fn Florida beating Nevada hurt. I had Wofford beating Seton Hall too. Today will be interesting though...

How many folks had a heart attack at the end of the Auburn game? WTF.. I had Auburn winning but they didn't deserve to. Neither did NMS. My confidence level with Auburn beating Kansas in the next round like I do went down a lot...

Didn't do so hot yesterday (11-5) but only lost 1 team I had going to the Sweet 16 in St. Mary's. The key is to hope to survive and have your Elite 8 still in play after this weekend.

I always pick them to win a game or three. If anything's going to break my bracket, I hope it's the Clowns losing.

I picked them to beat Ohio State and Houston

In the only bracket that I picked them all correctly yesterday, I also picked Iowa State to beat Kentucky and North Carolina to make it to the Final Four

Damn

:cool:

How many folks had a heart attack at the end of the Auburn game? WTF.. I had Auburn winning but they didn't deserve to. Neither did NMS. My confidence level with Auburn beating Kansas in the next round like I do went down a lot...

Against Kansas they have a solid chance. It should be a close game. Kansas was in a slide late in the season. They are usually a one or two seed. Not his year however.....

Didn't do so hot yesterday (11-5) but only lost 1 team I had going to the Sweet 16 in St. Mary's. The key is to hope to survive and have your Elite 8 still in play after this weekend.

Saint Marys fooled a lot of people. There were not any real surprises yesterday as there usually are. No Cinderellas so far.....

Against Kansas they have a solid chance. It should be a close game. Kansas was in a slide late in the season. They are usually a one or two seed. Not his year however.....
That was my line of thinking too prior to picking Auburn. Plus with them having recently beaten TN like they did. There's just no telling though. Fn March Madness

I picked them to beat Ohio State and Houston

In the only bracket that I picked them all correctly yesterday, I also picked Iowa State to beat Kentucky and North Carolina to make it to the Final Four

Damn

:cool:
Would you hate me if I said I hope you only get the other 60 games right?

Latest posts