How are those brackets looking, boys?

My kid is a 6th grader and at his middle school they do a bracket pool for prizes like fun dip, candy canes, pizza tickets at concessions...

Anyway, the students can go online and look at other people’s picks, he just showed me a 5th grade girl who had the Hawks going all the way.

I’m against arranged marriages, but...

Last edited:
I actually didn’t fill one out this year for the first time in my life.

At work I entered a draw pool.

8 people, $20, 8 random picks, guaranteed at least two teams 1-4 seeds.

1st round wins are $1, 2nd round wins are $2, on up to $20 for the championship. Less stressful than picking ;)

Perfect except for Marquette.

I filled out a few online and had Marquette winning in most of them

Hundreds of millions of folk fill out the brackets over the years

Who knows, maybe billions

And noone has ever been perfect

From NCAA.com.....

If you’re wondering about the odds of a March Madness bracket remaining perfect through the entire run of the NCAA tournament, consider this: It’s hard enough picking the first two days without a bust. But it's not impossible. In 2018, no perfect bracket lasted through Friday night, thanks to the historic 16-1 upset of UMBC over Virginia. You can take your shot at a perfect 2019 bracket right here in the Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge game.

In 2017, we saw an incredible 39 games picked to start the tournament, a number we believe to be the highest recorded.

At NCAA.com, Bleacher Report, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports and Yahoo!, one March Madness bracket remained perfect through 39 games before busting in the final matchup on the third full night of games, when Purdue beat Iowa State. That's the longest known recorded and verified streak (that we could find) to open an NCAA tournament.

Yahoo.com
Perfect-NCAA-bracket-Yahoo-2017.jpg
This Yahoo bracket stayed perfect the longest in 2017, through 39 correct games. It finally busted when Purdue beat Iowa State.

Before 2017, the longest perfect bracket streak we had tracked was 36, according to Yahoo! Sports. In 2014, Brad Binder went 36-for-36 to start the tournament.

In 2016, the longest anyone went was 25 games to start the tournament. That's well below the 2015 tournament's reported (and verified) best, when one person in the ESPN online bracket game picked the first 34 games correctly, according to a story by ESPN senior writer Darren Rovell. ESPN said in 2016 that its 2015 bracket was the best start to a tournament it had on record in 18 years of its game. Yahoo! Sports reported last year that Binder's bracket was the only time it had a perfect bracket go into the second round in its 18-plus years of hosting a game. In 2017, Yahoo! reported 37 perfect first-round brackets.

So 39 is the record we're going with. With more than three decades of online and paper brackets to sift through — the current format has existed since 1985 — and with somewhere between an estimated 60 million to 100 million brackets filled out every year, the odds are decent that someone, somewhere has done better. Determining an official record is made even more difficult by the fact that online games only recently have begun comprehensive record-keeping.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...er-stayed-perfect?utm_campaign=inline-article

Still fun to do and certainly worth a try.....

:cool:

My kid is a 6th graders and at his middle school they do a bracket pool for prizes like fun dip, candy canes, pizza tickets at concessions...

Anyway, the students can go online and look at other people’s picks, he just showed me a 5th grade girl who had the Hawks going all the way.

I’m against arranged marriages, but...
She's probably Clinton or Huckfinn's daughter.

Mine don’t look too good. But my interest is in my player pool. As long as my 10 guys are scoring and advancing I’m happy.

I filled out a few online and had Marquette winning in most of them

Hundreds of millions of folk fill out the brackets over the years

Who knows, maybe billions

And noone has ever been perfect

From NCAA.com.....

If you’re wondering about the odds of a March Madness bracket remaining perfect through the entire run of the NCAA tournament, consider this: It’s hard enough picking the first two days without a bust. But it's not impossible. In 2018, no perfect bracket lasted through Friday night, thanks to the historic 16-1 upset of UMBC over Virginia. You can take your shot at a perfect 2019 bracket right here in the Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge game.

In 2017, we saw an incredible 39 games picked to start the tournament, a number we believe to be the highest recorded.

At NCAA.com, Bleacher Report, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports and Yahoo!, one March Madness bracket remained perfect through 39 games before busting in the final matchup on the third full night of games, when Purdue beat Iowa State. That's the longest known recorded and verified streak (that we could find) to open an NCAA tournament.

Yahoo.com
Perfect-NCAA-bracket-Yahoo-2017.jpg
This Yahoo bracket stayed perfect the longest in 2017, through 39 correct games. It finally busted when Purdue beat Iowa State.

Before 2017, the longest perfect bracket streak we had tracked was 36, according to Yahoo! Sports. In 2014, Brad Binder went 36-for-36 to start the tournament.

In 2016, the longest anyone went was 25 games to start the tournament. That's well below the 2015 tournament's reported (and verified) best, when one person in the ESPN online bracket game picked the first 34 games correctly, according to a story by ESPN senior writer Darren Rovell. ESPN said in 2016 that its 2015 bracket was the best start to a tournament it had on record in 18 years of its game. Yahoo! Sports reported last year that Binder's bracket was the only time it had a perfect bracket go into the second round in its 18-plus years of hosting a game. In 2017, Yahoo! reported 37 perfect first-round brackets.

So 39 is the record we're going with. With more than three decades of online and paper brackets to sift through — the current format has existed since 1985 — and with somewhere between an estimated 60 million to 100 million brackets filled out every year, the odds are decent that someone, somewhere has done better. Determining an official record is made even more difficult by the fact that online games only recently have begun comprehensive record-keeping.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...er-stayed-perfect?utm_campaign=inline-article

Still fun to do and certainly worth a try.....

So it sounds like my attempt to win a million annually in the Warren Buffet Bracket is like winning the powerball?

So it sounds like my attempt to win a million annually in the Warren Buffet Bracket is like winning the powerball?

Cyclones will always bust a bracket

Every time

There is a reason some Hawk fans have an attitude

I heard from a reliable source that some clone fanatics picked the clowns to make the Final Four

tumblr_oa45jydsaf1t9tak1o1_400.gif

Not quite,
You have waaaay better odds of winning the power ball.

The odds of winning are extremely long, at 1 in 292.2 million. But to put that in perspective:

– The odds of picking the perfect NCAA bracket are 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (that’s 9.2 quintillion!)

Cyclones will always bust a bracket

Every time

There is a reason some Hawk fans have an attitude

I heard from a reliable source that some clone fanatics picked the clowns to make the Final Four

tumblr_oa45jydsaf1t9tak1o1_400.gif

I always pick them to win a game or three. If anything's going to break my bracket, I hope it's the Clowns losing.

My brackets are like my marriage - I cant do anything right. I'm the Charlie Brown of brackets
That made me *spit chuckle*

You just have a vibe that you should go this way on a decision. Nope. Should have gone that way.

And a decision you went that way? Nope. Should have gone this way.

I know what you mean, man. Know what you mean

Latest posts