Holiday Bowl prediction thread

Who wins, give the final score

• Iowa

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • USC

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I predict Iowa's defense will pretty much shut down USC's offense except for a couple big plays. Iowa's offense will be just good enough to pull out the victory. Duncan kicks 3 more FG's.

Iowa 16 USC 13

Iowa 19 USC 17

We score a defensive touchdown on a pick six. Duncan does what Duncan has done all season.

USC is starting to look like a dumpster fire.
This Wednesday for the 2020 recruiting class, Southern Cal will be ranked 80th.
Toledo, Northern Illinois and Georgia State are 77, 78 and 79.

This should be a game that Iowa dominates, ala Georgia Tech Orange Bowl, but the score will be close.
Iowa 24-14.

USC 51, Iowa 52. BF comes down with the flu a day before the game. O'Keefe gets the clipboard. Phil's defense has Iowa's typical collapse in a bowl game against a Pac 10 school, but O'Keefe is out for blood after Kirk's game plan punked him in the Orange Bowl. 7 TDs and a FG.

Iowa wins if they hold USC to 21 points. USC's defense isn't all that good. Every team iowa played this year, including purdue, held Iowa's rushing attack in check. If Iowa can run, use clock and limit USC's possessions then Iowa can win... think of 2018 against Nebraska at Kinnick.

They'll try to keep USC's offesne on the sideline.

USC is starting to look like a dumpster fire.
This Wednesday for the 2020 recruiting class, Southern Cal will be ranked 80th.
Toledo, Northern Illinois and Georgia State are 77, 78 and 79.

This should be a game that Iowa dominates, ala Georgia Tech Orange Bowl, but the score will be close.
Iowa 24-14.
This would be a nice result!

I just really question where USC's mental state is right now. Obviously their fanbase has turned on Clay Helton (I've seen some USC "fans" wanting Iowa to blow them out so Helton gets fired), their athletic department has been in a tizzy trying to debunk rumors, and their football program did not start bowl prep until just this past couple of days, whereas Iowa has been doing so for a while.

I hesitate to say they're overlooking us per se, but I don't think the Trojans are in the right mental state to beat Iowa.

So...i watched ESPN's Bowl Mania show. What a joke. The USC - IOWA game comes on and they talk about USC the entire time. Helton will have his team ready, they are motivated, etc. Then they talk about the freshman QB and their top WR for the whole segment. Their comments about Iowa, "Well, Iowa is solid and well coached, but SC will be too much for them." They all took SC including Desmond Howard.

Here's the thing...Iowa's defense is the 6th best scoring defense in the country. You would think it would have come up. Phil Parker, against freshman QBs is a pretty solid bet. Phil will make him think and he won't be throwing into man coverage alot. Phil will try to confuse him...and likely send alot more blitz packages...because that's not something they will be looking for.

I guess I was expecting more from Howard. Iowa's defense is legit...look at the 17 points ISU put up, 17 by Penn State, 19 by Minnesota, 10 by Michigan. Those are all good offensive teams. The fact that not one analyst brought up the 6th ranked scoring defense and AJ Epenesa...and well...that's disrespectful.

Latest posts