Who wins, give the final score

• Iowa

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • USC

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still like our chances.

USC is gonna score some points. Iowa's defense is predicated on QBs not being able to execute those types of plays, either because they are shitty Big Ten QBs or because the weather sucks so bad you can't rely on deep passes in conference play. But I like our chances because the offense will score 50+.

USC is gonna score some points. Iowa's defense is predicated on QBs not being able to execute those types of plays, either because they are shitty Big Ten QBs or because the weather sucks so bad you can't rely on deep passes in conference play. But I like our chances because the offense will score 50+.

If they tie the pants of USC defenders around their ankles, Iowa's offense might score 50+.

If they tie the pants of USC defenders around their ankles, Iowa's offense might score 50+.

Fact: Brian Ferentz has clowned at least one team per each full season he has been a coordinator with a 50+ point outing. 2017 - OSU and Nebraska, 2018 Illinois.

Fact: Iowa has yet to score 50+ this year.

Fact: It is therefore guaranteed that Brian will clown the hell out of USC to keep his streak of years with a 50+ point game intact. We're healthy, it's Stanley's last game, we have extended practice, we have worked out the kinks. The problem when you punk a team like USC did to Iowa in the 2003 Orange Bowl is that you might have to play them again. Brian Ferentz was there. Kirk Ferentz was there. Ken O'Keefe was there. Phil Parker was there. And guess what, those guys are all still around the program. This is going to be a game for the ages on offense.

USC hasn’t been so good in non-conference games

2019: Fresno st. W 31-23, BYU L 27-30 (ot), Notre Dame L 27-30
2018: UNLV w 43-21, Texas L 14-37, Notre Dame L 17-24
2017: Western Michigan W 49-31, Texas W 27-24 (2ot), Notre Dame L 14-49, Ohio St. L 7-24

USC does not use all of its bowl practices. The team is young and undisciplined and I think it partially is an extension of Clay Helton who (for a P5 head coach) seems to lack attrition detail. Iowa seems like the team that wants to be there and Iowa’s coaches have a lot of potential bonuses to earn by winning.

Iowa 23-20

Dont be shocked if they pull a Stanford on us and score on the first play from scrimmage

Dont be shocked if they pull a Stanford on us and score on the first play from scrimmage

USC doesn't have a Heisman quality RB on the team. Their main back Vavae Malepaei (466yards) is doubtful for the Holiday bowl, from what I am hearing. After that they have three backs that are in the 300ish yardage range. They are all fast but have seen limited action.

It's the four really good receivers though and can put the whole group of them on the field at one time.

Any predictions for fan turnout? USC has the benefit of proximity, but travelling fans always bring more passion about being there. Haven't heard any numbers about ticket sales from the Ticket Office.

Im changing my prediction with our huge loss.

Iowa 45
USC 10

KF reaches into Haydens bag of tricks and runs it up

No way Iowa loses this one now. It will be the win one for Hayden game.

Another Holiday Bowl Classic.

Iowa 38
USC 36

Any predictions for fan turnout? USC has the benefit of proximity, but travelling fans always bring more passion about being there. Haven't heard any numbers about ticket sales from the Ticket Office.

I hear the Iowa ticket sales are going very well. All of the good seats are gone. There will be a bunch of hawkeye fans at the game.

I am not sure about this game, nor do I know the betting line, but I would guess that USC is kind of disappointed to be playing Iowa and will assume that Iowa will be roadkill. This usually is counterproductive.

Perhaps Iowa can win, this is my hope, but I don't have a clue.

Fact: Brian Ferentz has clowned at least one team per each full season he has been a coordinator with a 50+ point outing. 2017 - OSU and Nebraska, 2018 Illinois.

Fact: Iowa has yet to score 50+ this year.

Fact: It is therefore guaranteed that Brian will clown the hell out of USC to keep his streak of years with a 50+ point game intact. We're healthy, it's Stanley's last game, we have extended practice, we have worked out the kinks. The problem when you punk a team like USC did to Iowa in the 2003 Orange Bowl is that you might have to play them again. Brian Ferentz was there. Kirk Ferentz was there. Ken O'Keefe was there. Phil Parker was there. And guess what, those guys are all still around the program. This is going to be a game for the ages on offense.

I'd guess putting up 50+ points vs SC, is the farthest thing from BF's mind.