Hitchens was Benched v Purdue

I wonder if it has any correlation to KF's "If you don't want to be here, then leave" comment to the team?

Hasn't Hitch been playing solid ball?
Oh wait, I know. He had the audacity to wear sunglasses and a sideways ball cap in front of Kommander Kurt, right?

Oh wait, I know. He had the audacity to wear sunglasses and a sideways ball cap in front of Kommander Kurt, right?

No, he blows pass coverage consistently and takes bad angles to the ball. When the planets line up just right he brings the hammer.

No, he blows pass coverage consistently and takes bad angles to the ball. When the planets line up just right he brings the hammer.

OK, thanks Greensboro. I guess I haven't been paying close attention.

Did you watch that game? The gunner (Cotton?? Sorry cant recall my bad) was the only one playing "solid" ball.

I could be wrong, but I believe Hitchens got beat on a play where they forced the Purdue RB to the sideline, and somehow he ended up getting by Hitchens, (and 10 other players) for a long run down the sideline.

Did you watch that game? The gunner (Cotton?? Sorry cant recall my bad) was the only one playing "solid" ball.

Cotton was the gunner on punt coverage. He has been a bright spot. I think he is a junior. We've been trying to get him in the offense, and IM, need to keep trying. He definately hasn't quit, and I'm glad he's coming back.

Anthony was leading the country in tackles for a few weeks, and Ferentz kinda downplayed it. Kinda sensed something then.

I think if it was Morris leading nation, KF would have made a bigger deal about it.

He obviously has his favorites.

Hitchens has had a habit all year long of diving at runners and not wrapping..going for the blowup knockdown as opposed to tackling. He was guilty of this on Saturday, too

Anthony was leading the country in tackles for a few weeks, and Ferentz kinda downplayed it. Kinda sensed something then.

I think if it was Morris leading nation, KF would have made a bigger deal about it.

He obviously has his favorites.

Well thats one way to look at it. Do you think KF pulled him from the results of one play only? You know when you coach kids up, you have a good idea when they have done all they can and given you their best. Maybe he sees something in Hitch and knows how good he could be and therefore expects more.

Cotton was the gunner on punt coverage. He has been a bright spot. I think he is a junior. We've been trying to get him in the offense, and IM, need to keep trying. He definately hasn't quit, and I'm glad he's coming back.

He was fun to watch, wasnt he. He did not give up and that will be noticed.

Yes. Because I'll watch Iowa again next season. And the season after that. And on and on. I start to watch for future players, and improvements by players coming back.

I take a long term view on these things, as I do with almost everything else in my life, and I don't see the downward trend continuing after this year. Next year won't be pretty, but should be better. 2014 will be very acceptable given how things currently stand and recruiting.

Having said this, if it doesn't change slightly next year, and especially in 14, I'll have to rethink this.

Hitchens has had a habit all year long of diving at runners and not wrapping..going for the blowup knockdown as opposed to tackling. He was guilty of this on Saturday, too
Don't 95% of college players do the same? Tackling is a lost art - all players try to do anymore is ram into the ball carrier as hard as they can.

Latest posts