Hire Lon Kruger

eccpanther

Does it not make common sense to hire him?

What is it that we want in a hire? Well its simple.... Someone who is going to win, and has a track record to prove it!!! And no not a Ben Jacobson or any other small school coach. We have been there and done that. Hire someone who has a winning track record to justify the hire. Numbers don't lie folks. Check this out.

Kruger's WINNING track record. By the way these figures don't count NIT apperances, just NCAA appearances. However I would kill to have Iowa in the NIT, heck I might go as low as to say the CBI. Thanks to Steve and Todd for putting me to a point that I would commit 1st degree murder to have Iowa in any form of a post season tournament.

At Kansas State - 4 tournament appearances, 1 Elite Eight
At Florida - 2 tournament appearances, 1 Final Four
At Illinois - 3 tournament appearances, all 2nd round appearances
At UNLV - 3 tournament appearances, 1 Sweet 16
Total NCAA Tournament Wins = 14

His track record shows that he has been able to win at three major conference schools. That ties in well for Iowa being a major conference school. The other good thing about him he has shown that he can bring a school back to being respectable. When he arrived at UNLV they were not a consistent program, and don't be a stupid reader and go back to the 90's and tell me how great UNLV was. Stay in the last decade. Now he is putting them in the tournament on a regular basis.

You are going to be able to get a nice look at the coach we need to hire on Thursday when they pound UNI. Before then study up on him, and keep your fingers crossed that Barta makes a good hire this time. He did the right thing getting rid of Alford, i hate that d-bag. I also don't blame him for hiring Lick, I mean he was the national coach of the year. This time however use the checklist from what it is we need from a coach, and number one on that list is a winning track record from a major conference school. Kruger gives us everything we need right now.

Kruger would be a great hire, and I would like to here any one say one good reason why he would not be? I don't understand why people want Jacobson? Hey how has that move worked out for ISU. I agree with this thread. We have lived the mid-major coach hire. Get someone with a real background.

We have to get someone who isn't completely tone deaf to the fans at Iowa. That being said, it doesn't need to be someone with Iowa ties, just someone who isn't completely off target when talking to the press like Lick.

I'll take Diane Kruger.
Diane%20Kruger.jpg

Miller if you read this please respond. How is it that Kruger doesn't make any part of your list? I don't understand at all how this guys isn't one of the top options? Lets get over the fact that Bruce is not leaving Tenn. There is not one person on Miller's list that offers the numbers that Kruger does. Is his style not uptempo enough or what?

Miller if you read this please respond. How is it that Kruger doesn't make any part of your list? I don't understand at all how this guys isn't one of the top options? Lets get over the fact that Bruce is not leaving Tenn. There is not one person on Miller's list that offers the numbers that Kruger does. Is his style not uptempo enough or what?

Dude what is your connection to Kruger? Is it a love connection or a basketball connection?

Dude what is your connection to Kruger? Is it a love connection or a basketball connection?

Love him or not, we need to hire the best coach. He offers everything this university needs. The guy has 14 tournament wins. 1 Elite 8 and 1 Final Four appearance. How many of either does Iowa have since the year 2000? I'm tired of losing, and going through this conversation of who we should hire every 5 years or so. Then we end up hiring some mid-major coach that we think "could" do the job. We need someone who "will" do the job. I just can't believe he isn't on everyones list. It makes no sense to me.

I keep wondering this myself, Cliche. This guy keeps squaring off on J D Miller like he's had a few too many in some barroom. Kinda creepy/obsessed with Krueger.:confused:

I went over to the UNLV boards and asked about Lon and the majority said he is happy at UNLV. He enjoys Vegas and is building a brand new house out there. Also they say he is looking at the PAC-10 if anything. He has coached in the Big 10 and then left. I think he is happy with where he is at right now, he has the #1 high school right in his backyard for recruiting.

FYI: UNLV will get beat by UNI sorry but Thug Ball doesn't handle slow paced basketball
UNI 61
UNLV 54

I forget...why'd he leave Illinois? Or how'd that go down?

He left for the $$$ of the NBA (Atlanta Hawks), where he failed miserably and was canned after just a couple of seasons (I think).
Not that this says anything about his ability to win at the NCAA Div 1 level, mind you.

I think he turned us down, or at least expressed no interest, when we were earlier searching for a coach. It is my understanding he and his wife are very happy living in Las Vegas.

Latest posts