Hilliard Announces Top 5

"Alabama is a great school, they've been dominant the last five-plus years. It seems that everyone that gets drafted is from there. The coaching staff is also very impressive, it's no wonder they have many of the nation's highest-paid assistants.

Was anyone else half expecting that to end with "players" instead of "assistants"?

Saban is the only one wearing a hat in that image. Seems like Alabama is the easiest one to come up with reasons for why they don't belong. Guess they're out of the running.

via twitter...
BoUZjPGCEAIzFWZ.jpg

Well, I'll give our coaching staff props for even making this list.. But I'll soil myself if Iowa comes out on top and lands this kid. That's pretty stiff competition right there.

Looks like OSU fans are more scared of him going to Bama then anywhere other than OSU. There was one commenter that mentioned Iowa. I find it hard to rule us out. I think if Iowa was to ever land a kid like him this is as good of a position as they could be in to do it. Between Reid and Woods they know a thing or two about coaching LBs. Phil Parker has been around the game quite awhile too and Iowas D last year was pretty darn stingy. With that and early playing time on the table with his brother being there I like our chances. I don't know what the other schools situations are as far as returning kids and incoming recruits but they can't be in a better spot then Iowa. I think it's a matter of if he wants to leave Ohio or not. And if he does if it's to go to Bama and the bright lights (money under the table) or Iowa and what might be as good of a situation as he could be in.

Looks like OSU fans are more scared of him going to Bama then anywhere other than OSU. There was one commenter that mentioned Iowa. I find it hard to rule us out. I think if Iowa was to ever land a kid like him this is as good of a position as they could be in to do it. Between Reid and Woods they know a thing or two about coaching LBs. Phil Parker has been around the game quite awhile too and Iowas D last year was pretty darn stingy. With that and early playing time on the table with his brother being there I like our chances. I don't know what the other schools situations are as far as returning kids and incoming recruits but they can't be in a better spot then Iowa. I think it's a matter of if he wants to leave Ohio or not. And if he does if it's to go to Bama and the bright lights (money under the table) or Iowa and what might be as good of a situation as he could be in.

Yeah, like others have stated, this comes down to whether he wants to play for an NC or not. If yes, then it's prolly O$U, Bama & ND, in that order. If not, then why not Iowa? He'll get to the NFL regardless of which of the 5 schools he chooses. Someone speculated that maybe CJ would switch to d and they could possibly start on the same side of the ball. How cool would that be? Just think, we could have the Hilliard and Daniels brothers playing at Iowa, at the same time, and on the same sides of the ball.

Yeah, like others have stated, this comes down to whether he wants to play for an NC or not. If yes, then it's prolly O$U, Bama & ND, in that order. If not, then why not Iowa? He'll get to the NFL regardless of which of the 5 schools he chooses. Someone speculated that maybe CJ would switch to d and they could possibly start on the same side of the ball. How cool would that be? Just think, we could have the Hilliard and Daniels brothers playing at Iowa, at the same time, and on the same sides of the ball.

Hopefully he wants to make the NFL over winning the NC....It is pretty safe to tell him he will get plenty of playing time if he signs.

Hopefully he wants to make the NFL over winning the NC....It is pretty safe to tell him he will get plenty of playing time if he signs.

i'm guessing the other schools on his list can lead him to the NFL just as well as iowa can. this will be about personal relationships.

you'd probably say the same thing about a higher (star ranking) rated dan doering and blake larsen then, i'd bet....

This is where Bama and OSU make their hay, because you can't teach heart and desire or good health. If Iowa lands a 5* kid and he washes out for some reason, that spot's most likely going to a 2 or 3* kid who's busting his a$$ more. If the "big boys" miss out with a 5* player it's not a big deal because they'll replace him with someone with just as many stars behind his name and a better work ethic.

This is where Bama and OSU make their hay, because you can't teach heart and desire or good health. If Iowa lands a 5* kid and he washes out for some reason, that spot's most likely going to a 2 or 3* kid who's busting his a$$ more. If the "big boys" miss out with a 5* player it's not a big deal because they'll replace him with someone with just as many stars behind his name and a better work ethic.

developmental program. why iowa can't afford bust classes.