Higdon flipped to Michigan

So how do we "embed" assistant coaches with "deep Iowa ties" into every Florida high school with a good football team?

So how do we "embed" assistant coaches with "deep Iowa ties" into every Florida high school with a good football team?

"Free up" some of those top 10 revenues, I guess? Between $EC over-signing and high school coaches/assistants with Urban Meyer-level character, I don't see any other way...

The flip never happens without without this guy involved. It was Higdon's decision, and he has to do what is right for him. Yet out of Higdon's own mouth he said the visit to Michigan was set up behind his back. He told Harbaugh thanks for the offer, but no. The visit was then set up anyway, without Higdon's knowledge. Then they convinced him to go on that visit that they had set up, and we all know what happened from there.

Worse than that, he arranged fall-back housing, drove him to the airport, etc. His claim of impartiality is absolute b.s.

But, it's not the first time this has happened, won't be the last. There's a reason people call them "scUM" and"O$U". It ain't a typo thing.

You can never tell what a kid is going to do until they sign that paper on NSD. I was really hoping to hold on to Higdon.

You can never tell what a kid is going to do until they sign that paper on NSD. I was really hoping to hold on to Higdon.

After reading that "impartial blogger, I have no idea how we could have held on. Visits arranged without his knowledge? Mom having Michigan gear ready for "the announcement"?

For ImpartialMichiganBlog-er-BagMan's sake, I hope Harbaugh keeps the Michigan job a while. No other coach will trust him. Nor should they.

After reading that "impartial blogger, I have no idea how we could have held on. Visits arranged without his knowledge? Mom having Michigan gear ready for "the announcement"?

For ImpartialMichiganBlog-er-BagMan's sake, I hope Harbaugh keeps the Michigan job a while. No other coach will trust him. Nor should they.

No other coach will trust him? to do what?...aggressively go after top recruits, and work hard to build a winner. Harbaugh didn't do anything wrong.

Why would you want him at Michigan?... it makes things even tougher for IOWA. Unless of course, he raises the level of the conference as a whole and IOWA's new AD (can it happen fast enough) sees the light and hires a new HC with similar passion and drive to replace Captain Milquetoast.

No other coach will trust him? to do what?...aggressively go after top recruits, and work hard to build a winner. Harbaugh didn't do anything wrong.

Why would you want him at Michigan?... it makes things even tougher for IOWA. Unless of course, he raises the level of the conference as a whole and IOWA's new AD (can it happen fast enough) sees the light and hires a new HC with similar passion and drive to replace Captain Milquetoast.

I'm saying for that blogger's sake. Aside from Harbaugh, no coach will reach out to him now, given he was stupid enough to post his "impartiality" for the world to see.

Agree, technically speaking, Harbaugh did nothing wrong. But if, by your Captain Milquetoast comment, you're blaming KF, that's crazy. A kid doing what Higdon did is out of KFs control. When the deck gets THAT stacked, AND the kid posts with supposed-future-teammates, etc., it's hard to see how you can blame KF for it.

I'm saying for that blogger's sake. Aside from Harbaugh, no coach will reach out to him now, given he was stupid enough to post his "impartiality" for the world to see.

Agree, technically speaking, Harbaugh did nothing wrong. But if, by your Captain Milquetoast comment, you're blaming KF, that's crazy. A kid doing what Higdon did is out of KFs control. When the deck gets THAT stacked, AND the kid posts with supposed-future-teammates, etc., it's hard to see how you can blame KF for it.

From the sounds of it,it seems all of Higdon's support group wanted him to go to Michigan for their own selfish reasons regardless what the kid wanted. He really can't go wrong playing for Michigan though..I don't frickin blame him. He could potentially be walking into a dumpster fire here. I read a Michigan blog about about Higdon's flip and it was yawn city as far of their excitement of signing him. He was only a 3 star recruit according to them.

Ah, missed that you were referring to the blogger. Got it.

I'm not blaming KFz for Higdon's flip. Sounds like there were a lot of factors pulling him to Michigan, Sometimes you just lose a kid.

BUT... in a general sense, Kirk's vanilla, bland style is tired...and yes, it comes into play big time in recruiting. How else do you explain the "most tenured coach in the conference" reeling in an unimpressive recruiting class like he has (ranked in the bottom 3rd of the conference no matter who's rankings you read).

It's time for a change. Harbaugh's presence brings that into clear relief..more than ever.

Ah, missed that you were referring to the blogger. Got it.

I'm not blaming KFz for Higdon's flip. Sounds like there were a lot of factors pulling him to Michigan, Sometimes you just lose a kid.

BUT... in a general sense, Kirk's vanilla, bland style is tired...and yes, it comes into play big time in recruiting. How else do you explain the "most tenured coach in the conference" reeling in an unimpressive recruiting class like he has (ranked in the bottom 3rd of the conference no matter who's rankings you read).

It's time for a change. Harbaugh's presence brings that into clear relief..more than ever.

I "fear" it's time for a change, as well. I don't like saying it, because I think KF is a great guy, and has had success. But for whatever reason--staff turnover, early success "wearing off"--I find it hard to believe he will get it back for multi-season runs. A 10-2 sprinkled among consistent 7-5 isn't enough any more. I could easily live with average of 8-4 if I knew every third season was a "certain" 10-2 or better. I just don't see it happening.