Higdon flipped to Michigan

Iowa would rather have a 250lb fullback running that stretch play, instead of someone with the pedigree of Higdon.

Harbaugh stole him with almost no time at all to build a relationship. Imagine what runningback he will bring in next year. This kid better be a lot better than his ranking suggests because he will have to beat out 5 stars to see the field.

Thats football. No Michigan is now on the upward spiral with the new hire. Iowas is on the downward spiral. not suprised here...... cant blame him

It doesn't matter, its not like we were gonna find anyone else. Maybe another walk on from Des Moines, but thats it. So this staff failed to sign a rb in this class, awful.

You made an interesting quote that is spot on. Iowa has been failing to add good players at certain positions the last 5 years. Mainly at RB, DE, S and WR.

Not good. If watching the Gator Bowl showed us anything, it was the difference in playmakers on both sides of the ball.

The biggest win we could get today is KF announcing his retirement. I wouldn't hold your breath.

The biggest win we could get today is KF announcing his retirement. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I would if it would help.....

10284200718.jpg

Once Michigan came into play, did you really think we had a chance? That's a pro football coach with a brother still coaching in the pros, at a traditional school, with better football fans, and a better football environment. I honestly would have been shocked if he stayed.

Recruiting has become a circus. The NCAA has allowed it to become that way. These kids are committing/de-committing like you or I choose what pair of socks to put on in the morning. I do feel bad for coaches when this happens. You put all of this time, money, and effort into bringing a kid in ... You think you have him ... And in Higdon's case, he truly sounded committed to Iowa. No ifs, ands, or buts ... even up to yesterday. Now, I can understand a kid choosing Michigan over Iowa. It's like choosing Under Armour over Converse.

What I don't like is the last-minute hounding and full-court presses that grown men are putting on kids to come to their school. The Higdon move really, really surprised me. Just yesterday I posted on another board how this kid seems pretty level headed. How he just said he was saying committed to Iowa and he would be the first one in his family to go to college ... And that he planned to come in and play next year. He just didn't seem wishy-washy in any of his comments. So to learn on the day of "Signing Day" he has a press conference and flips to Michigan ... well, that is hard to swallow. He would have been a nice addition ...

It's troubling this was our only RB ... and I am guessing Iowa coaches sold him on the fact we weren't bringing any other RBs ... Sure, the chances are better that he goes to Michigan and we never hear his name again. But, that is his choice ... It's just unfortunate how much of a joke recruiting has become.

I'm more pumped for the Meyer-Harbaugh showdowns in the years to come than I am for any Iowa football game in the foreseeable future.

What a worthless punk...nothing like waiting till very last second to flip.

Um....you realize your coach tries to get kids to flip last minute as well right?

Also, this guy already flipped once to go to Iowa.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

He knew the second Harbaugh called him he was going to UM and he still made us wait. A jerk move and I hope next time we play him our defense can send him to the sidelines.

Latest posts