Hey Jon

BigD

What is with the back ground noise on your most recent podcast? Almost sounded like your driving down a busy highway with an open window and cars are constantly going by. Very annoying to listen to.

What is with the back ground noise on your most recent podcast? Almost sounded like your driving down a busy highway with an open window and cars are constantly going by. Very annoying to listen to.
Jon left town. He hasn’t posted in over a year and hasn’t visited HN since last November.

Jon left town. He hasn’t posted in over a year and hasn’t visited HN since last November.
I knew he hadn't been on here in quite awhile. What's up with that anyway? He does his podcasts now and then but doesn't have the time to mingle with the common folk here anymore?

I knew he hadn't been on here in quite awhile. What's up with that anyway? He does his podcasts now and then but doesn't have the time to mingle with the common folk here anymore?

I think he caters to the subscribers. He doesn't have time for us peons anymore.

I think he just handed the admin keys over to Rob who covers the Hawks for a living.

The Hawkeye stuff is just a side gig for Miller. He lives in Oklahoma and works for a company crystal balling the propane markets.

I think he caters to the subscribers. He doesn't have time for us peons anymore.
Feels that way don't it? Haha. It's like he doesn't have the internet down in OK or something. I would say the wife and kiddos along with FT job can carve out a ton of a mans time but it felt like he was able to before so...

Feels that way don't it? Haha. It's like he doesn't have the internet down in OK or something. I would say the wife and kiddos along with FT job can carve out a ton of a mans time but it felt like he was able to before so...

Maybe he's buys wrangling snakes.

Jon can't stand you people.

I tolerate you.

haha perfect. I've met Jon several times, he's pretty awesome and never been anything other than humble and nice to me. That said, he's hardly ever acknowledged my existence via Twitter or here and IMO, that is a miss as far as social networking but NBD imo.

Last edited:
haha perfect. I've met Jon several times, he's pretty awesome and never been anything other than humble and nice to me. That said, he's hardly ever acknowledged my existence via Twitter on here and IMO, that is a miss as far as social networking but NBD imo.
I tried to say hi to him once at Prairie Meadows once years and years ago. He was with friends as was I and it didn't really go anywhere. Wasn't a big deal I'm talking early 2000s like 01-02 maybe

I tried to say hi to him once at Prairie Meadows once years and years ago. He was with friends as was I and it didn't really go anywhere. Wasn't a big deal I'm talking early 2000s like 01-02 maybe

I went over to the HN RV in 2016 when he was back for the ISU game - Introduced myself and he spent nearly an hour talking to my wife and I - mostly about the Nebraska aspect to the conference and their media. He couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. In fact, I kind of had to cut off the conversation and move on with my day towards the end. He was about the only person not drinking out of about 100k people and we were'n't completely wasted so maybe he just needed stimulating convo that wasn't all "RAW RAW HAWKEYES, CYCLONES SUCK"

haha perfect. I've met Jon several times, he's pretty awesome and never been anything other than humble and nice to me. That said, he's hardly ever acknowledged my existence via Twitter or here and IMO, that is a miss as far as social networking but NBD imo.

He knows who I am, or my user name at least, but it's not for good reasons....lol

I went over to the HN RV in 2016 when he was back for the ISU game - Introduced myself and he spent nearly an hour talking to my wife and I - mostly about the Nebraska aspect to the conference and their media. He couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. In fact, I kind of had to cut off the conversation and move on with my day towards the end. He was about the only person not drinking out of about 100k people and we were'n't completely wasted so maybe he just needed stimulating convo that wasn't all "RAW RAW HAWKEYES, CYCLONES SUCK"
That's awesome. I'm pretty sure he was drinking still back in the early 00s. I can't say if there was a game on or what the occasion was if there even was one. Might have been just another Saturday night I don't remember now. He was having a good time though as was I :)