Hey Jon.....

Playmaker

I'm not a 14 year old girl, so I do not use Twitter....however, I'm being told that you are asking Hawk fans why they are so upset now when they were not 35 days ago. Please put me down for one of those that thought 8-4 was inexcusable given our schedule and what we had returning. Even so, today's lack of preparedness ONCE again for a Bowl Championship (Barta's tag.....not mine) is what should have Ferments run out on a rail.

I'm not a 14 year old girl, so I do not use Twitter....however, I'm being told that you are asking Hawk fans why they are so upset now when they were not 35 days ago. Please put me down for one of those that thought 8-4 was inexcusable given our schedule and what we had returning. Even so, today's lack of preparedness ONCE again for a Bowl Championship (Barta's tag.....not mine) is what should have Ferments run out on a rail.
I doubt Jon reads this...he's probably too busy hocking Ruthies and talking Star Wars with Deace to give two rips about the state of Iowa Hawkeye football.

Who, besides Jon, was satisfied? We didn't win the division, we lost to an FCS team and we got punked in a bowl game once again (for those keeping track, combined score in the last 5 is 172-64).

I'm sure Jon will have some snide, condescending remark to that, though...

The performance today was atrocious and when we look back on this season we won't remember the Michigan game, we will remember getting out doors blown off and an injuries CJB who should have been pulled at halftime in the bowl game. Once again it's about KF and not about the players.

Don't think it was a lack of preparedness. CJ scores on that goal line stretch and it's a completely different game. They were ready to play but it just snowballed on them. Plus Florida just had better athletes, just as was the case in the previous four losses.

Jon doesn't live around here anymore so he's out of the loop. Nor does he care.

true story. i moved to a town in 2013 a week before jon moved here. So, jon and i live in the same town, unless he's moved again. but i still care about iowa football and regularly getting embarrassed.

true story. i moved to a town in 2013 a week before jon moved here. So, jon and i live in the same town, unless he's moved again. but i still care about iowa football and regularly getting embarrassed.

I listened to a podcast of his awhile back and he's above getting upset about Iowa.

If Jon actually said that on Twitter then he a clueless idiot. The night we beat Michigan I was happy, driving to Denver listening to radio and when we won I was screaming and honking the horn because I was so happy. Even so I knew that we still weren't great. We'd been outcoached and physically manhandled by North Dakota State just weeks before. I knew it was one great win in a mediocre season. A mediocre season where where Ferenta is paid the kind of money that is normally reserved for coaches who are good enough to play for championships.

Did Jon actually say this? If so he's lost his mind.

Maybe his whole point is it's just a football game. Nobody died.

It sucks losing but the hate that comes out after a loss on this board is unseemly.

The hate for 1 OC. I really don't care getting beat but getting humiliated for 5 bowl games in a row is a bit much. Maybe next year we can just pass on a bowl game and save everybody from being upset. Ahhhh rats I forgot KF wouldn't get his bonus for a bowl game that he doesn't care about.

The hate for 1 OC. I really don't care getting beat but getting humiliated for 5 bowl games in a row is a bit much. Maybe next year we can just pass on a bowl game and save everybody from being upset. Ahhhh rats I forgot KF wouldn't get his bonus for a bowl game that he doesn't care about.

oh wow, it just dawned on me, we've never won a bowl game with davis and our offense has been horrid with him at the helm.

IMO, Jon changed his tune hard after the podcast where he called for KF head. I think that someone from fort kinnick told Jon that if he wanted his reporters to speak to current players, recruits, access to press conferences, or have their coaches acknowledge his Jethros weekly call in show, that will never happen again.

IMO, Jon changed his tune hard after the podcast where he called for KF head. I think that someone from fort kinnick told Jon that if he wanted his reporters to speak to current players, recruits, access to press conferences, or have their coaches acknowledge his Jethros weekly call in show, that will never happen again.

I think this is exactly right. HN is a money maker for John and he's not going to jeopordize that. I don't blame him one bit for it btw. It does suck that he's basically been neutered though. Some of the best HN podcasts were during the 2015 debacle.

You are probably spot on with that. KF is the only coach that you can't ask him a negative question or even question him on anything. That's just strange. Heck Saban even gets questioned.

Latest posts