Here is the deal

olddude

31-24 Hawks win.
The whole O blocks extremly well and Mark puts around a buck seventy five on them (shocking many in the B10). This O is going to prove to everyone that if they want to run the ball, that's what they are going to do!!
The D continues to come into it's own and does very well against a power run team. Some good play by the guys in the middle along with a few well timed blitz's up the middle force Bell to the outside our D plays contain with him very well. Being a big back and running side to side the whole game really slows Bell down and the D really starts to shut him down in the 3rd. The D and special teams play a larger role in the win then people want to give credit for (due to the way the O comes together and rolls).

So it is written, so it shall be done.

I love a good deal.

However, as a glass half full kind of guy..........MSU absolutely stuffs the box making it impossible to run. We continue to bang our heads against the wall the entire first half attempting, in vain, to impose our will. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, ad nauseum.

Meanwhile MSU knows the weak point of our defense is up the middle. They run between the tackles successfully daring us to bring db's up to help. We do and get burned by play action.
7-0 @ the half.

Second half we attempt to throw east and west, with a little more success than we had running the ball.

MSU mixes it up well and thanks to their first half touchdown outlasts us 16-10.

Our touchdown? I don't know.........CJF. Does it matter?

Last edited:
I love a good deal.

However, as a glass half full kind of guy..........MSU absolutely stuffs the box making it impossible to run. We continue to bang our heads against the wall the entire first half attempting, in vain, to impose our will. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, ad nauseum.

Meanwhile MSU knows the weak point of our defense is up the middle. They run between the tackles successfully daring us to bring db's up to help. We do and get burned by play action.
7-0 @ the half.

Second half we attempt to throw east and west, with a little more success than we had running the ball.

MSU mixes it up well and thanks to their first half touchdown outlasts us 16-10.

Our touchdown? I don't know.........CJF. Does it matter?

Agree although 14-3 at half. Final score 31-13 don't see the offense doing much on the road also think MSU defense is better than ISU and we put up 6 at home...

31-24 Hawks win.
The whole O blocks extremly well and Mark puts around a buck seventy five on them (shocking many in the B10). This O is going to prove to everyone that if they want to run the ball, that's what they are going to do!!
The D continues to come into it's own and does very well against a power run team. Some good play by the guys in the middle along with a few well timed blitz's up the middle force Bell to the outside our D plays contain with him very well. Being a big back and running side to side the whole game really slows Bell down and the D really starts to shut him down in the 3rd. The D and special teams play a larger role in the win then people want to give credit for (due to the way the O comes together and rolls).

So it is written, so it shall be done.

I liked it so I liked it.

I'm seeing a win.
1. Coming off a bye week so they had 2 weeks to prepare
2. Time to heal little injuries
3. MSU coming off a shaky game

You forgot #4 possible trap game with Michigan coming up next week.

Atrapitis.gif

You forgot #4 possible trap game with Michigan coming up next week.

You forgot #5. 10 years ago we tore down their goalposts and they will never forget that even though the current players were in elementary school at the time................wait that was somebody else.

I'd like to be really optimistic for this game, but Iowa has some problems that would have to be completely corrected/reversed if Iowa is to win:

1. They aren't a great road team.
2. VDB really struggles to "carry" the team when the other team puts 9, even 10 in the box.
3. MSU may have some success running up the middle.

MSU will probably dare Iowa to beat them with the pass. I'll be overjoyed if Iowa wins, but recent history is suggestive of a loss.

I can see Iowa not scoring a point in this game. Dantonio will blitz hard, all game long. We have no reason to trust that Vandy can carry this team with his arm and his poise, because neither exist at this point. Hope I'm wrong here, but the only way Iowa has a shot in this game is if the D scores touchdowns.

Latest posts