Here is the deal

I can see Iowa not scoring a point in this game. Dantonio will blitz hard, all game long. We have no reason to trust that Vandy can carry this team with his arm and his poise, because neither exist at this point. Hope I'm wrong here, but the only way Iowa has a shot in this game is if the D scores touchdowns.

I'd like to wager you. Offensive points, over/under set at 0.5. I'll take the over. 48000 miller bux.

Iowa wins a squeaker 14-13.

Rainy day means the offenses will be grounded. Bullock breaks a long TD run late in the game to shock Sparty.

I'd like to be really optimistic for this game, but Iowa has some problems that would have to be completely corrected/reversed if Iowa is to win:

1. They aren't a great road team.
2. VDB really struggles to "carry" the team when the other team puts 9, even 10 in the box.
3. MSU may have some success running up the middle.

MSU will probably dare Iowa to beat them with the pass. I'll be overjoyed if Iowa wins, but recent history is suggestive of a loss.

1. They aren't very good at home either, so I think that cancels each other out.
2. Weisman will be the one carrying those 9 or 10 in the box for 6 yds/carry
3. 2 weeks ago, the mustache was in its transitional phase. But now it has come in, and it is going to be great. If you see this, you run away from it.
1107059.jpg

I fear L. Bell at RB based on last year's result. The entire game last year was not getting off the field and bell just grinding out a living against a not very stout d-line. While I have seen improvement from our d-line in the first half of this season, I would not call them stout. We are going to have to modify 4-3 cover two a little more often in this game to disrupt the flow of carries that are headed Bell's way. He had what - 50 carries week 1, 37 last week, they have proven that they will follow the grind it out philosophy. (Let us not forget Javon Ringer and his 400 carries) I think this game will be decided on time of possession and finishing drives - I be nervous. On the plus side I am looking forward to Scherff / Gholston in the run game.

With both offenses looking less than potent thus far, what are the chances this game turns out much like the first 57 minutes of the '09 game. 9-6 Iowa. I'd take that win.
Who's with me!!??

1. They aren't very good at home either, so I think that cancels each other out.
2. Weisman will be the one carrying those 9 or 10 in the box for 6 yds/carry
3. 2 weeks ago, the mustache was in its transitional phase. But now it has come in, and it is going to be great. If you see this, you run away from it.
1107059.jpg

If you have a stache like that, you have to stay at least 1000 feet away from schools.

I think this is the game that vandenberg gets lit up and we stop wasting our last few games with him. I don't think Mark will run for more than 70 yards at best. Lots of frustration will come of this game from Iowa fans including me. Vandenberg is awful and I don't need to hear any more about a new offense causing him those problems. Six sacks in the first game and none since, thats because it is all rout passing and if he does check down he slips it off quick to the sideline and usually Misses. Bring in Jake. MSU 45 Iowa 3

If you have a stache like that, you have to stay at least 1000 feet away from schools.

Seriously though, you know he has to be getting a lot of crap from teammates about the stache. I think he's keeping it out of spite at this point. Maybe I'm wrong and the whole team is rallying around it....#rallystache!

I think this is the game that vandenberg gets lit up and we stop wasting our last few games with him. I don't think Mark will run for more than 70 yards at best. Lots of frustration will come of this game from Iowa fans including me. Vandenberg is awful and I don't need to hear any more about a new offense causing him those problems. Six sacks in the first game and none since, thats because it is all rout passing and if he does check down he slips it off quick to the sideline and usually Misses. Bring in Jake. MSU 45 Iowa 3

debbiedowner.jpg

I don't know about this extreme but, yea, if there ever is a game where JVB's skittishness is legit, this will be it. Sorta like back in the day, when Pop would say, "You stop that whining or I'll give you something to cry about!" ... for real.

I do agree that he's in for a long day and there will be a LOT of frustration from The Offensive's ineptitude; the o-line's and Mark Weisman's efforts, notwithstanding.

I'm seeing a win.
1. Coming off a bye week so they had 2 weeks to prepare
2. Time to heal little injuries
3. MSU coming off a shaky game

If this was a bowl game, I would agree with you. However if I remember correctly we have not faired well after bye weeks.

click on vbookie tab at the top, once games are posted you just open up the threads and you will be able to have a flutter. But don't lose your shirt.

Have bettable games been posted yet?? When I click on the vBookie tab, it just shows old games and who won them. TIA!

Latest posts