Herbstreit: How did ...........

he get to be the President of college FB?

Wow, do I hope someone CRUSHES Ohio, this season.

End of transmission............

He has no class he can't really complain about Iowa's schedule and pick Ohio St. #1. Seriously Ohio St. hasn't played anyone. And to claim Memphis should be above Iowa is just him trying to jab at us because there's no way he believes that.

It's getting a little weird. He's a smart guy so I don't understand why someone couldn't at least mention the fact that we beat the team that beat Stanford considering everyone loves Stanford.

We keep winning....nothing they can do about it.

I like herbie, he is just hedging.

We are top 5-6 if we get to 12-0. Gotta go 13-0 to crack top 4.

Go 12-1, we stay top 10 and smell the Roses.

Hawks control their future, the talking heads words mean nothing. Nothing.

Win Saturday, stay in the picture, go from there.

ESPN is just clamouring for things to say. It's extremely comical to say the least. Screw Herbie...he's just a puppet anyway

He also said something tonite that only made half sense, when he said the committee did the right thing by putting Alabama at #4 realizing that just because you are undefeated doesn't mean you should automatically go above a great 1 loss team. Agree to a point, but on the other hand we all know that there only about 5 teams in the entire nation that can lose a game and quickly find themselves back in play for a National Championship....and I'd put Alabama at the top of that list. The other 98% of the teams in the country better hope that their loss comes in the first 1/3 of the season and then pray for about 100 different scenarios to play out just right for them.

He also said something tonite that only made half sense, when he said the committee did the right thing by putting Alabama at #4 realizing that just because you are undefeated doesn't mean you should automatically go above a great 1 loss team. Agree to a point, but on the other hand we all know that there only about 5 teams in the entire nation that can lose a game and quickly find themselves back in play for a National Championship....and I'd put Alabama at the top of that list. The other 98% of the teams in the country better hope that their loss comes in the first 1/3 of the season and then pray for about 100 different scenarios to play out just right for them.

there are situations where an undefeated power team should be passed by a 1 loss team. I don't see how Alabama and their current resume fit that scenario.

At least one ESecPN guy isn't bashing the Hawks.... Chris Hassel is talking them up! Chris is from Muscatine, IA, and grew up a huge Hawkeye fan.

I won't dispute that Alabama is a great team, but a loss to ole miss at home should disqualify them from
A top 4 spot. Ole miss is average at best.

Lost at home to Ole Miss...who is now a 2 loss team. Bama is like Notre Dame...they always get a bump for their name

Notre Dame has played a pretty tough schedule at quick look so I dont begrudge their ranking.

But just relax about the poll and be nervous about playing indiana. If the hawks win saturday and especially do it well they will only solidify #9 or better.

there are situations where an undefeated power team should be passed by a 1 loss team. I don't see how Alabama and their current resume fit that scenario.

You may want to sit down and watch Alabamy. They are very good. Big, strong, fast, talented. I think they'd beat Iowa 9 of 10 times.

Latest posts