Herbstreit: How did ...........

I won't dispute that Alabama is a great team, but a loss to ole miss at home should disqualify them from
A top 4 spot. Ole miss is average at best.

So they put up a stinker? Most teams have a bad game, sometimes they lose. I have to believe that you have not actually watched 'bama play.

You may want to sit down and watch Alabamy. They are very good. Big, strong, fast, talented. I think they'd beat Iowa 9 of 10 times.

That's all conjecture. The evidence says they lost a game and their quality wins are pretty much the same as ours.

So they put up a stinker? Most teams have a bad game, sometimes they lose. I have to believe that you have not actually watched 'bama play.

True, but by that logic shouldn't every team be able to get away with that and suffer the same lack of recourse?

When you have a system such as ours you really should be punished for putting up a stinker when others haven't. You don't get to win championships just by having fast football players.

And for that reason, they should deserve to work their way back into the top 4 by winning and hoping undefeated teams lose. If they want to hand them the number one 1 loss spot because of their name or because they look like they're the best, that's one thing. But to hand them a top 4 spot at this point in the season is ridiculous. Especially when you know that if they win out they will probably end up in the top 4 regardless of where they start, and if they don't win out they won't finish in the top 4 even if you start them there. It underminds the whole season to put a 1 loss team in the top 4 at this stage.

Notre Dame has played a pretty tough schedule at quick look so I dont begrudge their ranking.

But just relax about the poll and be nervous about playing indiana. If the hawks win saturday and especially do it well they will only solidify #9 or better.
Obviously each win by Iowa should be worth a one place advancement.

Indiana - 8
Minnesota - 7
Purdue - 6
Nebraska - 5
B!G East - 4 and you are in...

Just like the countdown before liftoff!

I know I will be in orbit if it plays out like this!

When you have a system such as ours you really should be punished for putting up a stinker when others haven't. You don't get to win championships just by having fast football players.

If ESPN was in bed with the SEC 30 years ago, Nebraska wouldn't have all those National Championships because they would have given them to a 1 loss SEC team instead.

The selection committee just lost all credibility by putting a one loss team at #4. Alabama, who no one thought could possibly lose last year, got smoked by Ohio State. But yet here they are again, getting a free ticket to the playoffs.

I just want to thank the ESPN pundits for providing our team with the motivation to go into each game with a chip on their shoulder. Our players watch ESPN too and if not I am sure our coaches will use this as motivation. If we lose any game it won't be because of a lack of effort. My warmest regards to the ESPN people. Thank you

Unfortunately even if Iowa wins out all the way to Indy there's going to be a vocal group that will deny Iowa any credit for what they've done. Such is the price of not being a blueblood in D1 football.

I'm going to be very interested in what happens next week after LSU and Alabama play each other, especially if LSU wins. How far will they actually drop a 2 loss Bama team?

I do like herbstreit, but his little gag with his son is very lame. Give it a rest herbie, no one cares about your 9 year old. We all think our kids are cute and smart just like you do. Snooze.

You may want to sit down and watch Alabamy. They are very good. Big, strong, fast, talented. I think they'd beat Iowa 9 of 10 times.

I've watched them a few times. They looked pretty pedestrian against Ole Miss (which they lost) and a 3 loss Tennessee team (which they barely won).

Count me as one of the unimpressed.

And as far as beating Iowa 9 out of 10 times.....the way they play is tailor-made for our defense. I'd give us a win 4 out of 10 times.

Herbie was bullish on Iowa last year. He mentioned multiple times that he had Iowa as a dark horse in the west with all the returning starters on offense coming off a 8 win season with a manageable schedule. Iowa burned him. I'm sure he's hesitant to put himself out there again for Iowa after being so wrong about Iowa last year. That's what most of this is about, the talking heads being correct about their predictions. They don't want to just stand up and say what they see, they want to stand up and say this is what I see AND this is what I predicted. He had OSU in the championship before the season started so he'll defend their SOS all day cause it's what he and many others predicted. I even heard him his say OSU despite their schedule has been pretty dominant in their victories....huh? Then he turns around and slams Iowa's SOS.

I agree with that, but the College Football Playoff Committee, was supposed to look at the body of work, thus far.
Alabama in the Top 4, at this point, is solely, because of notoriety, which isn't supposed to be a factor.

Unfortunately even if Iowa wins out all the way to Indy there's going to be a vocal group that will deny Iowa any credit for what they've done. Such is the price of not being a blueblood in D1 football.

Like Baylor, Clemson, or Texas Christian.

Oh, wait, then your logic looks pretty illogical...........

#goHawks

Latest posts