Herbstreit has Iowa #7

wolfgang

When did he lose his brain? He has Oklahoma ahead of Iowa..no joke. If you lose to Texas THIS year you don't even deserve to be talked about.

For the love of God/Beathard, please stop making new threads about this insignificant and totally meaningless topic.

When Herbstreit gets to decide who will be in the CFP, then I'll care. Until then, it's just his opinion. He's entitled.

This is like 90% of the topics on Internet message boards lol. This is the point of message boards.

I was hoping that the posters on this board could acquit themselves in a less childish manner than the talking heads who are trying to get a rise out of Iowa fans. Clearly I was wrong.

Agreed, OP. Herbie is really rubbing me the wrong way.

For me I'm pleased he's still not quite on board with the Hawks. In prior years he's sang Iowa's praises early in the season only to be let down by the product on the field.

My belief is he's doing us a favor. If he keeps on doubting, the Hawks will keep winning. At least that's how I'm viewing his opinions for now.

As for a few other nobodies out there, cowhurd and feinbaum, they are like movie critics to me. If they don't say good things about the product, it must be pretty darn good. In other words the opposite of what they say is the truth

One thing I will say about the Texas loss: we all know that rivalry games are a different animal and that goofy things can happen.

But that said, I think people are giving Oklahoma State and Oklahoma way too much credit for beating TCU and Baylor, respectively. Aside from killing bad teams due to their style of play, what evidence do we have that either of these teams are elite?

TCU was great last year, only losing once (narrow loss to Baylor), soundly beating a good Gopher's team in ooc, and killing Ole Miss in a bowl. But this year they barely squeaked past Minnesota (Gophers were most likely a pretty salty team at that point, prior to the injuries), played 1-score games with TTU and KSU, and were missing their most important play-maker when they got drubbed by OSU. So they may have been a great team, but it is hard to know for sure.

There is much less evidence that Baylor was a great team. Last year's team was pretty good, but they lost a close bowl matchup with a good Mich State team. This year they have beaten...
  • 1-9 SMU
  • 5-5 Lamar (FCS)
  • 4-6 Rice
  • 6-5 TT (TT did have a nice ooc win vs. Arkansas)
  • 0-10 Kansas
  • 6-4 WVU (WV killed Maryland in ooc)
  • 3-7 ISU
  • 3-6 KSU

Okalahoma State does not have much on their resume other than defeating TCU minus their biggest playmaker. Their non-conference was Central Mich, Central Ark, and UT-San Antonio.

Oklahoma at least has a strong ooc win to point to (31-24 win over a probably decent Tennessee team). However, they also have that ugly loss to account for.

I'm trying to think how he could possibly justify Oklahoma ahead of Iowa. Texas is going to need a win against Texas Tech AND Baylor just to get to 6 wins. I hope he doesn't get to vote for President.

And again he said if they go 13-0 they are in. Does it really matter if they are 5 or 7 on November 17th? Win the next 3 and everything else will take care of itself.

I'm trying to think how he could possibly justify Oklahoma ahead of Iowa. Texas is going to need a win against Texas Tech AND Baylor just to get to 6 wins. I hope he doesn't get to vote for President.

I'm sure he would tell you he is going by what he sees vs. only W-L and SOS. Say what you will, but I think Herbstreit is fair and genuinely believes that Oklahoma is a better team than Iowa. He's not on the committee anyway, so I won't fret over it.

#7 is pretty good, no? Win out and prove we are better on the field.

Ha..I haven't been to the message boards in a long time. Back in the day if I saw a thread that didn't interest me or I didn't want to comment on..I wouldn't. I'd skip it.

So what the hell is he ranking? The order or how good he thinks teams actually are, teams based on resumes to this point, or predicting what the order will be at the end of the year?

Ha..I haven't been to the message boards in a long time. Back in the day if I saw a thread that didn't interest me or I didn't want to comment on..I wouldn't. I'd skip it.

Times have changed. Now you need to convince everyone to only discuss topics that interest you if you want to fit in.

I'm sure he would tell you he is going by what he sees vs. only W-L and SOS. Say what you will, but I think Herbstreit is fair and genuinely believes that Oklahoma is a better team than Iowa. He's not on the committee anyway, so I won't fret over it.

#7 is pretty good, no? Win out and prove we are better on the field.
I know what you're saying.If it's Cowherd saying it I totally dismiss it. I respect Herbstreit..but there's no way to defend it. I'm going to invite him over for a Thanksgiving dinner n hash this out.

Doesn't it make the most sense to say that the entire Big 12 is completely overrated? Iowa State can shutout Texas and Texas can beat Oklahoma...Iowa State can nearly knock off Oklahoma State...etc.

Its getting ridiculous the amount of respect these 1-loss teams are getting. Alabama lost AT HOME to a 3 loss Ole Miss team. That should end their playoff hopes...instead they are ranked 2nd in the country because of this "eye test". Nobody can even quantify what an eye test is...its just their way of saying "we would much rather have Alabama in the playoffs than Iowa"

I wonder if Herbie watches himself on t.v and thinks:

200.gif

For me I'm pleased he's still not quite on board with the Hawks. In prior years he's sang Iowa's praises early in the season only to be let down by the product on the field.

My belief is he's doing us a favor. If he keeps on doubting, the Hawks will keep winning. At least that's how I'm viewing his opinions for now.

As for a few other nobodies out there, cowhurd and feinbaum, they are like movie critics to me. If they don't say good things about the product, it must be pretty darn good. In other words the opposite of what they say is the truth
How great is it that we are undefeated, rated very high, and we still get to play with a chip on our shoulder? Damn near perfect..other than the fact that I realize stupid people are running this sport and commenting on it.

Latest posts