Hendry gone from the Cubs?

Hawkfromnorwalk

According to multiple twitter reports including Carrie Muskat of the Cubs website and ESPN Chicago. Please let it be true!

It's official. Hendry is to meet with the media sometime today. Randy Bush to take over. Not sure if just temporarily or permanently.

The Ricketts are good owners who want the best for the team. They supported Quade with the Silva release and I can see the same with Z upcoming. Though the money part sucks at least they are trying to make the team bettter.

This is an excellent first step, but that's all it is. The Cubs need to clean house. Quade has got to go next.

I disagree. I like Quade.

He's a good guy, not a good manager. He can win when nothing is on the line. But earlier in the season when they still had chances, they absolutely sucked under him. Time for the new GM to get on their knees, put some chap stick on, and get Ryno on a plane back to Chicago.

This is an excellent first step, but that's all it is. The Cubs need to clean house. Quade has got to go next.

What has Quade done wrong? He was given a team full of overpaid under-producing players. What has been killing the Cubs is these contracts that HENDRY was giving out.

What has Quade done wrong? He was given a team full of overpaid under-producing players. What has been killing the Cubs is these contracts that HENDRY was giving out.

This. Quade ran the same guys out there now as he did early in the year. it's the players that weren't performing. It's not quade's fault Pena didn't hit a homer until June and Ramirez had no power, and 2/5 of his rotation was injured after week 1, and that Z is his Ace. Quade can only run the guys out that he has.

Besides he's a 2 year contract, let it play out, then after next season he can be gone.

He's a good guy, not a good manager. He can win when nothing is on the line. But earlier in the season when they still had chances, they absolutely sucked under him. Time for the new GM to get on their knees, put some chap stick on, and get Ryno on a plane back to Chicago.

I'm not going to pass judgement on him just yet. This team was all but built to lose. The pitching sucks, and at the start of the year, Rammy wasn't giving us anything.

I want to see what Quade can do with a few better players before I say he needs to go.

I was a huge Sandberg fan while he was playing but what makes you think he'd be a good manager? If he got the job instead of Quade and they had the year they're having now...he'd be out in a couple years. Cubs were protecting Sandberg by not hiring him!

Ryno isn't with the Cubs anymore because of Quade. This alone is reason to get rid of him.

he's coaching triple A with the phillies. There's a reason he doesn't have a MLB job yet. I think he will in a year with the cubs, but let Quade have his 2 years and then get Ryno

If Bush is named permanent GM, nothing will really change. Ricketts needs to bring in new leadership - president, GM - from outside the current organization.

But yes, this is a day that should've come years ago.

Good to hear it. Next question is - who will the replacement be? Nothing will change if you don't get a good GM. Kind of like firing Lickliter - better make sure the replacement is competent.

Latest posts