Help us, Jon...

Jon's right -- Paul Hewitt CAN recruit. Here's a rundown of recruits, dating back to 2002:

5 Star Players: 7
4 Star Players: 10
3 Star Players: 8
2 Star Players: 1
(Data obtained from SCOUT.com)

If he's able to bring that same type of athlete into the Big Ten, we could do some serious damage. I'll roll the dice on a guy that can recruit like that any day.

Hewitt can recruit, he is a Ravelling guy and George would help hi get players, wherever he goes

A person has been told they will be interviewed Thursday, but I think this might be in the fall back category.

The sooner folks come to grips with the fact that we are not going to get a high major coach , the better. Barta is really having to do his due dilligence because the guys he is talking to are not exactly household names. Also I am told he is reaching out to several people for advice. Just because we hear Gary contacted so and so, it doesn't mean so and so is interviewing for the job. Might just be getting some advice on another candidate.

Hooper, I think you are right on both counts- Hewitt to St J, and we are not getting a high major guy. My opinion then is to go after someone who will make a splash and get Iowa back on the college BB map, not a no name. Lavin is a possibility, Collins has big name recognition because of Duke and his father; even BJ or Bob Knight would light a fire under what is now a dead program- not so of any of the names I'm hearing. I know that Bo Ryan, Thad Matta and Tom Izzo, even Bruce Webber were not big names, but frankly; they took over damn good programs from coaches who had success, not the disaster we have had the last 3 years which has drained the fan base.

Hooper,
Do you think Iowa will go for a solid mid-major head man or someone that is a reach as a potential flier such as Forbes or possibly Lavin?

Do you have a preference for a coach.

If it's not a MAJOR name, then make it Forbes. I want someone who is excited to be a Hawkeye and knows what it means to be one - a great recruiter in his dream position? He would sell the program, period.

This is the one thing I believe to be true about the search:

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT OUTSIDE OF BARTA, HIS TEAM, AND THE CANDIDATE(S).

This is the one thing I believe to be true about the search:

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT OUTSIDE OF BARTA, HIS TEAM, AND THE CANDIDATE(S).

Can you pleae get in contact with one/some of these people so we can get some accurate info?

I hope this isn't too much to ask... thanks in advance.

I understand love for Forbes...but seriously not even the #1 assistant????

He has also recruited the athletes who are currently in the Sweet 16, after the teams best player was dismissed from the team.

Purdue beat UTEP without their best player.

Forbes is the better hire... he knows how to recruit upper echelon talent. He'll get an X's and O's guy.

Latest posts