Hawks open up -4 vs Clowns

Think I'll take Iowa and the over. The inexperienced Clowns will have a ton of turnovers.

Last two times we've played over there, the Clowns have found a way to step on their own dicks. The punt return collision in 2019 and fumbling inside their own five in 2021 (with Jack Campbell saying thank you very much).

Turnovers will probably be the key again this year. And some veteran Hawkeyes certainly haven't forgotten last year!

Iowa controlled the game in an uninspiring fashion against a bad team. ISU did slightly better than expected against a good 1AA school that sometimes gives them fits. The game is in Ames. Basically, Vegas is saying it is a pick em. If I was betting, I would bet on Iowa if Cade is healthyish.

Iowa controlled the game in an uninspiring fashion against a bad team. ISU did slightly better than expected against a good 1AA school that sometimes gives them fits. The game is in Ames. Basically, Vegas is saying it is a pick em. If I was betting, I would bet on Iowa if Cade is healthyish.
Doesn't the home team usually get spotted a -3 advantage? So, if was in Iowa City, would Iowa be at -7?

I have decided that last weeks offensive performance is all a brilliant plan by Kirk and Brian to deceive ISU and lull them into a false sense of complacency.
The basis of my conclusion is that no OL with their size advantage, game experience and development by OL gurus could possibly be that bad - unless they were sandbagging their future opponents.

I still say last year, if my memory serves me correctly, we got screwed out of a TD against the clowns....I think they called a fumble on the goal-line....I still feel that was a TD. Then I remember the monsoon rain-storm and missing the improbable comeback FG.

UNI went 6-5 last year, 6-6 the year before. This isn't the UNI playoff type squad they used to be. Unless we turn the ball over this should be a double digit W.

Yeah, the scoreboard doesn’t tell the full story, and UNI isn’t good. Would you believe me if I told ISU put up less total offense than Iowa week 1? Now, is week 1 performance indicative of either of these team’s potential? No. But if we are going to make comparisons, Iowa State was better on the ground week 1, and Iowa was better through the air, and if you want one or the other in this game, I think you have to take the passing game.

Attachments

• IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_8416.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8417.jpeg
    IMG_8417.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 5
My God people, USU would have scored 50 on UNI. I understand there exists a hyper degree of negativity on the boards, but some of the hyperbole and denigration of our opponents is just inventing shit to support a negative outlook.

It is insane to think a mid level D 1 AA would have stopped the Aggies offense. USU had a D 1A QB, big, accurate and mobile and some good receivers. They ran a very open creative offense. Still, Iowa 24-6 starters on starters.

Another example: Iowa fields one of the best defenses in the country year in and year out. Iowa creates an ungodly number of turnovers. Who is willing to say Iowa's defense is not exponentially better than UNI's? It's not like ISU was rushing the ball at a D 1A power defense; the Clowns still had only 134 rushing yards. What's that RS freshman QB going to make out of Iowa's secondary coverages? Probably won't fair nearly as well as he did against whatever coverages a mediocre D 1 AA team put on the field, right? Wasn't Remsberg a starting tackle? Do you think Remsberg's replacement has seen a lot of DLs like Iowa's?

Transitive properties are actually not very helpful because every game is different but one drawing value from such transitive properties should certainly recognize the tremendous qualitative differences between UNI and USU. The Clowns are UNI's Super Bowl in the same way we are the Clown's Super Bowl.

Just watched Mark Rogers who covers college football with Cory Brada who has a “Hawkeye of the Storm” you-tube show and some Cyclone podcaster. This Cyclone guy embodied everything I hate about the typical Clone fan. Typical stat nut completely loose and free with the facts. Had to be fact checked constantly by the host and Cory. Continued to express the Clowns “higher ceiling” and “better athletes” than Iowa. How Cade was “average QB” and although the Clones had 5 catches for like 5 yards against UNI this gives them an “advantage” as Iowa won’t know who to key on. Insisted Iowa was a 4 to 8 win range team, when confronted that this was not the case with facts he just tells Cory not to be so literal. Guy was like a roach running from the light and throwing out lies and half-truths while conceding Iowa was a “more stable” program. I really, really want Iowa to leave no doubt this weekend.

Doesn't the home team usually get spotted a -3 advantage? So, if was in Iowa City, would Iowa be at -7?
the line is Iowa -4 in Ames. So that would be Iowa -7 on a neutral site and Iowa -10 in Iowa City. Iowa might get 3.5 at home because of Iowa's abnormal home and away splits.