Hawks offer Thomas Gipson

TheNebraskaHawk

6'7" 250# 2011 Forward Thomas Gipson has been offered by Iowa

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprYa13731A"]YouTube - Thomas Gipson Class of 2011 PF Cedar Hill, TX[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks to have a solid big ten type upper body already which is a definite plus. I don't believe this particular highlight piece shows enough of his overall game (I expect almost everyone 6'7" to be able to dunk) but I will admit there is definite potential if you check out 5:20 / 6:40 / 8:40 / 10:00 frames which are more than just a dunk.

This kid can sure looks like he can play. We will know in a year if we have the right coach. He can sure identify the right players, now we will see if he can bring them to Iowa City. This kid and the kid from Minn. are exactly what he seems to want. They are the kind of players I'd love to see in black and gold!

my biggest problem with Lick was not the guys he recruited it was the guys he didnt recruit, like he felt if it wasnt better than a 50% chance he was coming to Iowa then he didnt try. I am much more comfortable being in recruiting battles with big 12 or other big ten teams rather than UNI, Creighton, Drake, and SW MIssouri state tech. We might not win those battles right away but in my opinion its a step or sign of a step in the right direction

I like Bigs who don't waste any motion getting to the basket. Drop step shoot...drop step dunk...turn and shoot...Quick, fluid and decisive.

Also agree with the previous poster about our recruiting battles. I like being in it with the bigger boys as opposed to the mid and low majors even if it means dissapointment sometimes.

I love lefty post players. It's hard for the defense to adjust to. Peremiter players also to some degree but more so for guys down low. Post D is so intuitive and everything lefties do down low is counter intuitive.

Well we know he can dunk.Lets hope he grows an inch or two and we'd relly have a player.Played some D and had a few jump shots but didn't show a whole lot.

Gibson's mom is on Twitter (noticed she was following me) so I asked her about his chances on committing to Iowa. Here is what she said:

@BigGipFan - "We're definitely looking into it!"

She is following a few Iowa fans on Twitter so at least they have interest.

Gibson's mom is on Twitter (noticed she was following me) so I asked her about his chances on committing to Iowa. Here is what she said:

@BigGipFan - "We're definitely looking into it!"

She is following a few Iowa fans on Twitter so at least they have interest.

Violation! Not that anyone cares. Myself included.

My brother is the Head Basketball Coach at Plano East H.S. and I had contacted the Previous Iowa Coaches in the past to try and set up a pipe line to get players from TX to the University of Iowa but the previous Coaches never contacted him which I found unreal. So far I can't find an email address for Coach Fran. I let my brother know about the offer to Thomas Gipson and the following was his reply to me today.

Jeff,
We have played against this kid and he is very good. We call him the
beast. I don't know if Iowa can land him but it is good they are
finally recruiting Texas players.

Doug Bleadorn
Head Basketball Coach
Plano East High School

Latest posts