Hawks Minny Game Day Thread (official)

Too soon, Dyer, too soon. Or not.
images

The good news - if the next half is a statistical repeat, it's going to be very hard for Iowa to lose.

The bad news - Minnesota has to be totally emboldened by the first half and Kill is going to come out and say who cares guys, go out and have fun, we have nothing to lose. We'll play tight, they'll play loose. They get a lead and we're gonna be a tighter than....

tighter than....

well you know what.

10-14
81 yards
1 TD

He is fine...play calling not great

I don't think he looks comfortable or confident. He still has a tough time recognizing the blitz. Twice on 3rd down he's thrown the ball short of the marker. Just isn't making great decisions. Should have felt that 2nd sack coming and escaped it. The guy was tied up with Reiff and Vandy should have gotten away from that one.

EDIT: "playing like ****" was probably a little over the top.

Jeeze the game would be 13-7 if not for a couple missed field goals. But by the looks of this thread you would think we were down by 20...

How come some people think that if we haven't lost, everything is great. Maybe some people can't evaluate teams on paper and see who has the advantage come game time. Even if we win by 14 does that give them a lot of confidence going into the tough stretch. Come on people use some reason...

No that was the WR. The TE was in the middle and was lined up on the other side of the formation. It was on the safety Miller
Miller was on the other side of the field...I'm not sure who that was on, but someone should have checked the TE. Prater looked like he had flats, that's why I thought it was on him.

How do you figure? Because we didn't try to score with 1 minute left?

With a minute left it could be the right call....but why not use a timeout instead of allowing MN to burn the clock on their goal to go possession?

If they do that there is 2 mins left and plenty of time.

Jeeze the game would be 13-7 if not for a couple missed field goals. But by the looks of this thread you would think we were down by 20...

We will be when the opponent goes from Minnesota to a legitimate opponent like Michigan, Michigan State or Nebraska.

NW and Indiana at home were the perfect elixir for a mediocre team- it is proving itself out again today. I just hope we can squeak this out and get the 6 wins, it may the high watermark for the season...

I'm tired of seeing the Goofy marching band. Didn't need to see five minutes of their weak performance at the beginning of the game, don't need to see it now.

And that's from a former band kid. Sorry.

Miller was on the other side of the field...I'm not sure who that was on, but someone should have checked the TE. Prater looked like he had flats, that's why I thought it was on him.
that was the WR that caught the ball, prater was lined up on him. It was Miller's responsibility to come over the top on base Cover 2 (Iowa's typical Defense- zone) if you have DVR rewind it and take a look

Latest posts