Hawks favored by 10 at Northwestern

A must win for me as well. I was at work and was following the Wisky game and it ruined my day, stopped trying to follow it by fourth quarter because I just gave up on the offense. Can't believe our team will have another T/O game like that the rest of the season. Just run the damm ball against a very weak D. Let the D have a chance to win this game.

Fitz will coach his game of the season and our putrid offense fails to get 10 points. Hawks lose.

I always worry when Kirk is coaching a team that is favored to win by a big spread. Maybe not a fact but it seems his teams do not play well as big favorites.

What does Fitz have to lose by throwing the kitchen sink at the hawk offensive line. Run and pass blitz like crazy and make Iowa have to make the plays. This strategy has worked for him for 15 years as he has his cheshire cat smile on his face in-game and post-game.

The fact that the line is only 10 points just shows the lack of respect gamblers have for Iowa's offense, and it's completely justified. This Northwestern team is about as bad as their 2019 one but you know damn well Fitz will have them ready to play and it wouldn't surprise me to see them "upset" Iowa.

The fact that the line is only 10 points just shows the lack of respect gamblers have for Iowa's offense, and it's completely justified. This Northwestern team is about as bad as their 2019 one but you know damn well Fitz will have them ready to play and it wouldn't surprise me to see them "upset" Iowa.

About the only ones that would have faith in Iowa's offense at this time are the gamblers. Not the betting type, but basic risk takers who do nothing but throw caution to the wind. I'm just shocked regardless of our opponents how we could be a double digit favorite against anyone as poorly as our offense has looked lately.

About the only ones that would have faith in Iowa's offense at this time are the gamblers. Not the betting type, but basic risk takers who do nothing but throw caution to the wind. I'm just shocked regardless of our opponents how we could be a double digit favorite against anyone as poorly as our offense has looked lately.

I should have clarified the "smart" gamblers. Vegas puts out lines to get equal play on both sides of the line so it wouldn't surprise me to see that line move under 10 as it gets closer to game time. Some of the novice gamblers see a ranked Iowa playing a team that just got blown out by Minnesota by 27 points at home and think the over 10 is a good play.

I should have clarified the "smart" gamblers. Vegas puts out lines to get equal play on both sides of the line so it wouldn't surprise me to see that line move under 10 as it gets closer to game time. Some of the novice gamblers see a ranked Iowa playing a team that just got blown out by Minnesota by 27 points at home and think the over 10 is a good play.

What the line tells me is how much confidence gamblers have in our defense. When we've put up 7 points in each of the last two games to see us a 10 point favorite IMO is the biggest compliment you could give a defense.

Anyone know why there is not a TV network is not listed for this game? The time is set at 6:00 p.m. but no television listed. I would think that would be coming out today.

NW might be one of the few teams our OL can block.

If that happens we're fine. We don't have a lot of glaring weaknesses after you take care of blocking.

And think about it this way...

Your seats up in the north endzone for Minnesota and Illinois have gotten a whole lot roomier after these past couple weeks.

#brightside

And think about it this way...

Your seats up in the north endzone for Minnesota and Illinois have gotten a whole lot roomier after these past couple weeks.

#brightside

True, I'm seeing 15 tickets for sale in my section on Stubhub for the Minnesota game. It's sold out but I bet there will be plenty of no-shows.

Latest posts