Hawks favored by 10 at Northwestern

True, I'm seeing 15 tickets for sale in my section on Stubhub for the Minnesota game. It's sold out but I bet there will be plenty of no-shows.
We love the mobile pass, btw. Very glad we did it. $275 a seat has been a great value, and I don't mind moving around.

Do you walk down to the home side bleachers towards the end of the 2nd quarter to watch the band? I'd bet you could find room at one of the tunnels to stand and check it out.

We love the mobile pass, btw. Very glad we did it. $275 a seat has been a great value, and I don't mind moving around.

Do you walk down to the home side bleachers towards the end of the 2nd quarter to watch the band? I'd bet you could find room at one of the tunnels to stand and check it out.

No, we just sit in our seats and yell at the drunks behind us to not yell at each other 3 feet apart so we can hear the band. But I've thought about it, at least my son is usually lined up on my side of the field so he's easy to track.

No, we just sit in our seats and yell at the drunks behind us to not yell at each other 3 feet apart so we can hear the band. But I've thought about it, at least my son is usually lined up on my side of the field so he's easy to track.
What instrument does he play? I'll make an effort to watch that section in a couple weeks.

What instrument does he play? I'll make an effort to watch that section in a couple weeks.

Clarinet, he's a big kid. Usually lines up in the 2nd row from the north end zone on the visitors side for pregame. He probably won't be in the halftime show as he's an alternate for the Minnesota game.

Last edited:
Clarinet, he's a big kid. Usually lines up in the 2nd row from the north end zone on the visitors side. He probably won't be in the halftime show as he's an alternate for the Minnesota game.
Ahh...didn't know they had more band members than what's on the field. Learn something every day. Well, hopefully one of his fellow clarinetists drinks too many beers Friday night. I'll keep an eye out during Illinois.

Being merciful to people with eyes? If I wasn’t a fan I would never watch Iowa play, boring.

Luckily I like to watch really good defensive play and even lower scoring games which magnifies each possession, each play, and each mistake. The fucked up 3rd and 4th and short for example, what would everyone have thought if Iowa got that and drove for a TD to only be down 20-14.

I was thinking that as I think the hawks got one or two first downs on that possession then sputtered.

Luckily I like to watch really good defensive play and even lower scoring games which magnifies each possession, each play, and each mistake. The fucked up 3rd and 4th and short for example, what would everyone have thought if Iowa got that and drove for a TD to only be down 20-14.

I was thinking that as I think the hawks got one or two first downs on that possession then sputtered.

I'm with you. I don't know if it had something to do with growing up an Iowa fan or not but the defensive side of the ball has always been my favorite. Ironically I've always felt that way as well growing up both a Chiefs fan I remember idolizing the play of Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith.

Ironically up until the Cutler years I was a huge Bears fan as well, but my passion for Chicago football took a turn as for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it was a possible for a NFL franchise to strike out on QBs year after year. Yet somehow, I still bleed black and gold. Doesn't make any sense at all, but I guess that's the difference between my love for the college game and the pros.

Anyone know why there is not a TV network is not listed for this game? The time is set at 6:00 p.m. but no television listed. I would think that would be coming out today.

On the official Hawkeye site it's listed as the B1G Network:

I'm with you. I don't know if it had something to do with growing up an Iowa fan or not but the defensive side of the ball has always been my favorite. Ironically I've always felt that way as well growing up both a Chiefs fan I remember idolizing the play of Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith.

Ironically up until the Cutler years I was a huge Bears fan as well, but my passion for Chicago football took a turn as for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it was a possible for a NFL franchise to strike out on QBs year after year. Yet somehow, I still bleed black and gold. Doesn't make any sense at all, but I guess that's the difference between my love for the college game and the pros.

Everything you say makes sense. I am a big bears fan but some years they are hard to watch as like Iowa they play really good Dee but are many times offensively challenged. The Bears ownership, Halas and family, as well as the Cubs ownership especially the Wrigley's but not as much the new owners were and are cheap, too cheap to keep their best players. When the bears, after their 85 super bowl, failed to resign Wilbur Marshall I just couldnt believe it, etc etc etc

Other than the blow-out loss to the Huskers, what little I've seen of NW hasn't looked that bad this year. They hand it off to a stout, straight-ahead type of runner who has given Iowa fits in the past; they throw it a little bit just to move the chains -- something the Hawks can't seem to do; they played Top 10 Michigan close in the 1st half. As poorly as Iowa is playing, this game is a toss-up and the 10pt spread is absolutely nuts.

10 should be the over./under.

7-3 could be the final score. So 10.5 would be a winner.

I actually think the opposite could happen. The offense will blow up like they did at Maryland and then everyone will think the offense is fixed. Never mind that the defense could give up a shit ton of points as opposing teams seem to have figured out the soft spots in the defensive secondary.

24-10 Hawks

This game is simply about getting the mojo back. It won't be pretty, but they will control the game and do enough to win comfortably.

Latest posts