Hawks-Ducks prediction thread

99topdawg

Iowa is -5.5 right now. I would never bet on an Iowa game.

They start a 6'5" guy and 4 6'6" guys. I like the fact that they don't have a big guy to try to slow down Garza. They'll have to help down low which should open up our shooters. With their line up and length, I worry about them pressuring the perimeter.

Oregon Iowa
PPG 74.4 83.8
FG% 47.2% 46.9
FT% 70.4 71.3
3pt%. 37.9 38.6
TO. 11.4 9.5
BLK 3.6 4.5
STL. 7.5 5.6
AST 13.4 19.1
Reb marg 1.0 2.8
3pt def% 33.6 34.5
Last 10. 8-2. 8-2
Lukas 0 1

Their athleticism worries me. They struggled a bit early in the season when they had 3 guys out with injury. The #1 stat that I took into account is that, in football and basketball combined, I am 1-114 in games I've picked ( I picked up to beat NC Central earlier this season to break the streak). Because of that, I pick the

Rubber Duckies 84 Hawks 82

Iowa is -5.5 right now. I would never bet on an Iowa game.

They start a 6'5" guy and 4 6'6" guys. I like the fact that they don't have a big guy to try to slow down Garza. They'll have to help down low which should open up our shooters. With their line up and length, I worry about them pressuring the perimeter.

Oregon Iowa
PPG 74.4 83.8
FG% 47.2% 46.9
FT% 70.4 71.3
3pt%. 37.9 38.6
TO. 11.4 9.5
BLK 3.6 4.5
STL. 7.5 5.6
AST 13.4 19.1
Reb marg 1.0 2.8
3pt def% 33.6 34.5
Last 10. 8-2. 8-2
Lukas 0 1

Their athleticism worries me. They struggled a bit early in the season when they had 3 guys out with injury. The #1 stat that I took into account is that, in football and basketball combined, I am 1-114 in games I've picked ( I picked up to beat NC Central earlier this season to break the streak). Because of that, I pick the

Rubber Duckies 84 Hawks 82

Excellent Pick

This means the Hawks win

Hmmmm tough one. They have the run and gun mentality, and Iowa looks to run when they can. No big in the middle. Will their athleticism be too much on D or O? Does Iowa get physical? I'm going to say it's Luka's year, and these guys just watched Illinois get handled....Hawks 77, Ducks 77. It's a tie and both move on ;). No, seriously, Iowa takes advantage inside, Murr-Dog goes insane and the Sister from Loyola said 82 Hail Mary's, so Iowa 82 Ducks 81

Too much Luka, but

If we go 2-22 from beyond the arc

Game Over

Ducks be quacking all over the place

There Arent Many Quizzes On Here And I Was Bored | QuackityHQ Amino

Oregon State gave us the blueprint of how and how nor to play Oregon. This game fits Luka, Keegan and Patrick. I hope those 3 put up 50.

On the other side, I have to think Oregon is watching the heck out of the Indiana game tapes. As I said, I think Luka Keegan and Patrick are going to be the anecdote, with assists from JBo and CJ.

Hawks 92-83. ESPN has Iowa at 83.5% win probability FWIW.
Iowa can't let up on the gas and expect to trade baskets like they did yesterday.

Ducks can push tempo if needed and score a lot of points in a hurry.

Gonna be a 40 minute war. Teams that have won today, like Loyola, Syracuse and Arkansas, have left their guts on the court.

Iowa jumps out to a double digit lead by the 2nd TV time out. The Ducks finally get their webs under them and by the under 4 have it back to 5. The Hawks put on a late surge and get it back to 9 at the break. Luka has 15 and 7, Weezy with 12, CMac his usual 0 .. .. .. turn overs.

The 2nd half starts as usual with the Hawks going to sleep at the offensive end. By the under 12, The Ducks take the lead and Fran's face is as red as a stop sign. JBo gets hot from the logo and CMac continues feeding Garzilla as the Hawks pull away down the stretch.

Final score: Iowa 85 - 75 Oregon

Oregon’s athleticism will be a problem for our guards. It could end up being a layup fest. Oregon has 3 guards that can score and they are decent from the three. Garza and Murray have to show up big and we will need JBo to play defense to have a chance. I don’t believe for a second that we are a heavy favorite.

I can't imagine it not being close, especially now seeing how we've all become painfully aware that the Big Ten perhaps isn't the muderer's row we all thought it was. Their lack of size could prove to be a major problem for them...however, their athleticism may prove to be a major problem for us.

At least we're getting on with it early. Hawks better be ready to go balls to the wall from the tip.

The team with a bird for a mascot will win this game.

Truly, I hate to predict, cause I am usually wrong, except on the few occasions I am right, then its the wrong team............