Hawks at the combine

how the h*ll did vandenberg get invited to the combine? wow. i like tavon austin alot even though he pretty much single handedly beat ISU. denard robinson has better hands than i thought he would. he could be a good slot WR. goodwin's 40 time was insane! never realized he was that fast. the 40 times of most running backs i saw were alot lower than i had imagined they would be

Na it was the **** poor play calling by GD all year...

i doubt that. i watched most of the games this year and last, and noticed vandenberg throwing the ball way too hard on short passes. i'm surprised he didnt break any fingers. the guy has NFL arm strength there is no question, but i think his decision making and accuracy will be an issue

With the bear murderers 32 inch very we really missed out in his jump pass ability. Another fail by derp Davis.

The top two qbs based on the analysts are geno Smith and Matt Barkley.
Who are their WR's?
Smith had Austin,and another guy who ran in the Combine and was fast.
Barkley had Woods and the superstar kid who is only a sophmore...two sure-fire NFL guys.
Vandy had who? No one that will play in the NFL....it sure helps those QBs to have quality WR's.

Vandy looked good this weekend...bigger and more athletic than many thought.
He will be in a camp this summer,with a chance to make a practice squad.

They said Vandy weighed over 220. That surprised me I thought he was closer to 210 most of his time playing. He did look bigger and threw pretty well. He's a smart kid too so he might impress coaches and GMs when they sit down with him. After the top 4-6 qbs the rest are just a jumbled mess. JVB may not be picked but he'll get a shot somewhere that's all it takes. I'm curious about K Davis. Is he healthy? I havn't heard lately how he is. Woulda thought he coulda been there. He's a big guy if he's fast enough (prolly a big if)and can catch the ball I'd think the NFL would like his big body in the red zone.

He is not good at audubling (although derp Davis did credit him for a change which led to a td) and he is rattled very easily in the road or in hurry up situations. A very bad recipe for a pro qb. And he murdered a bear for sport so he can suck my arse. I hope he is working at the can redemption center next month.

Hyde went 4.47 (unofficial) in the 40. Most of the adjustments go up, so he'll be right around the 4.50 mark I'd guess.

He is not good at audubling (although derp Davis did credit him for a change which led to a td) and he is rattled very easily in the road or in hurry up situations. A very bad recipe for a pro qb. And he murdered a bear for sport so he can suck my arse. I hope he is working at the can redemption center next month.

His pass time hobby of choice has nothing to do with the discussion. Please leave it out.
Kthxbuhbye.

Last edited:
I dont have a dog in this fight, but doesnt it have to be against the law for it to be murder ?

I couldn't get my quote to work lasbur, but no, it's murder law or no law. How about a little sport hunting on people? I'm all in

Yeah your right. But it's a huge issue for me personally and it is worth the flack I get from some people to mention it when I can. I realize most of the world doesn't share my views, but like I said its worth the feedback I get because its my obligation.

Hyde looks like a Merton Hanks type of player to me. Not sure corner is where he'll end up in the big leagues either

Hyde looks like a Merton Hanks type of player to me. Not sure corner is where he'll end up in the big leagues either

Agreed, but I do think he has enough cover skills to sneak on the feild as a nickel, and will play ST next year for whatever team drafts him.

I dont hunt buddy, but know a lot of good people that do. Im just glad I didnt live back when the bears hunted us LOL
Yeah your right. But it's a huge issue for me personally and it is worth the flack I get from some people to mention it when I can. I realize most of the world doesn't share my views, but like I said its worth the feedback I get because its my obligation.

Agreed, but I do think he has enough cover skills to sneak on the feild as a nickel, and will play ST next year for whatever team drafts him.

the Hawks sure are good at producing college cornerbacks turned SS or FS. technically sound and great tacklers who aren't fast enough to be a pro CB. i see Hyde getting some good playing time with how many teams go dime or nickel, and agree that he'll be a regular on ST.

Micah was the ten fastest in the first group of 30. Not bad at all. With his ball skills I suspect he gets drafted...in round 3-6.

I know lasbur. I know good people that do as well. Good people with choices I don't agree with. That's a part of this world. It's not always black and white.

Really hurts me but that's for another time place and forum. But, I will always refer to him as the bear killer. Ignore if you want need to.