Hawks at the combine

Hyde looks like a Merton Hanks type of player to me. Not sure corner is where he'll end up in the big leagues either

Agreed, but I do think he has enough cover skills to sneak on the feild as a nickel, and will play ST next year for whatever team drafts him.

On the NFL.com combine page he's listed as a safety, so I think at the next level he COULD see the field at nickel corner, but he'll most likely be making contributions on special teams and at FS.

I know lasbur. I know good people that do as well. Good people with choices I don't agree with. That's a part of this world. It's not always black and white.

So do you also wish a life of menial labor (my assumption as you seem to point to a redemption center work as such) for your friends. And would you then refer to their jobs as apparently below someone else as you did there? Or do you only wish such things upon people of whom you have no personal connection or understanding? You see, one of the things that is important to me is pointing to peoples' hypocrisy should it exist. If this doesn't apply to you, I would have to assume one of two things:

1. You keep only friends that share your same opinions.
2. You have very understanding friends who are okay with you wishing that they should for some reason have a job that is of lesser value because you don't agree with their beliefs.

Pretty impressive that Vandy had the 3rd best vertical out of the QB's lol! Who would have guessed that one?

I'll go on record and say that I would not be surprised to see Vandenberg drafted in one of the later rounds. The kid put up great stats as a junior. There are so many things you can point at and say "this is what caused Vandenberg to struggle his senior year" but not one of us really knows exactly what it was. More than likely his struggles were a combination of trying to do too much to help his team, being uncomfortable with the new offensive system, and having a pretty poor set of WR's to throw the ball to. He had a horrible senior year, but there were plenty of big drops as well that you just can't put on his shoulders. I think NFL scouts will look at his skill set, IQ, and his personality and realize that he's worth taking a chance on. If he doesn't get drafted he'll be invited to camps.

Oh onlooking, I'd be plenty happy to discuss with you privately any time. I don't want to take people's time with this. Message me if you'd like.

I still can't believe JVB got invited to the combine. I guess some NFL teams must look at D3 caliber quarterbacks now.

here is the NFL network's write-up on JVB, pretty fair overall. FTR they rank him just outside of draftable range. surprisingly good vertical and good 3 cone time.
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - James Vandenberg

here is Micah's write-up. pretty fair as well. nothing we don't already know. decent time in the 40 helps, but will most likely be considered as a safety or nickel/dime corner. it looks like he's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder.
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Micah Hyde

Pretty impressive that Vandy had the 3rd best vertical out of the QB's lol! Who would have guessed that one?

I'll go on record and say that I would not be surprised to see Vandenberg drafted in one of the later rounds. The kid put up great stats as a junior. There are so many things you can point at and say "this is what caused Vandenberg to struggle his senior year" but not one of us really knows exactly what it was. More than likely his struggles were a combination of trying to do too much to help his team, being uncomfortable with the new offensive system, and having a pretty poor set of WR's to throw the ball to. He had a horrible senior year, but there were plenty of big drops as well that you just can't put on his shoulders. I think NFL scouts will look at his skill set, IQ, and his personality and realize that he's worth taking a chance on. If he doesn't get drafted he'll be invited to camps.

By a rather large margin, Iowa led the Big in dropped passes.

here is the NFL network's write-up on JVB, pretty fair overall. FTR they rank him just outside of draftable range. surprisingly good vertical and good 3 cone time.
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - James Vandenberg

here is Micah's write-up. pretty fair as well. nothing we don't already know. decent time in the 40 helps, but will most likely be considered as a safety or nickel/dime corner. it looks like he's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder.
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Micah Hyde

Amazingly spot-on analysis by the NFL writer. We recognize the two Hawkeyes he describes. And these were two of Iowa's best seniors? Think about that for a minute ...

I still think JVB has a chance to be invited to someone's camp as a FA and to make that team's roster. He has the tools and the size. With proper coaching, he could be a very serviceable NFL backup QB.

I still can't believe JVB got invited to the combine. I guess some NFL teams must look at D3 caliber quarterbacks now.

That or you don't know what tbe **** you are talking about. Hmmmmm NFL front office or jablonie internet guy..... I'll go with NFL frony office.

That or you don't know what tbe **** you are talking about. Hmmmmm NFL front office or jablonie internet guy..... I'll go with NFL frony office.

+1

You think they invited him just because they are being nice? If that's the case then I think there would be a couple hundred thousand players invited to the combine. College results don't tell everything. I'm not saying JVB is the next Tom Brady, because that is ridiculous. However, he has a set of skills that can be worked with at the NFL level. You act like he got invited to the NFL combine after he won a flag football championship.

+1

You think they invited him just because they are being nice? If that's the case then I think there would be a couple hundred thousand players invited to the combine. College results don't tell everything. I'm not saying JVB is the next Tom Brady, because that is ridiculous. However, he has a set of skills that can be worked with at the NFL level. You act like he got invited to the NFL combine after he won a flag football championship.

He got invited only as a professional courtesy to his college coach. :rolleyes:

He got invited only as a professional courtesy to his college coach. :rolleyes:

Lol ohh that's right... they did it simply out of respect for KF. Had nothing to do with his ability. Just like DJK got blackballed from the league only because KF didn't like him.

I dont know about the combine, but I think KF can get almost anyone a try out if he wants to. Those that diss on JVB are wrong in my opinion. He did lose confidence last year as the season went along not just in himself but also in his recivers and maybe his OL and the system in general. But dont be surprised to see a team pick him up. Not a NFL expert but just wait and see.

the crazy thing is that James performed really well in vertical, broadjump, and 3 cone drill and he did better than a lot of the so called "mobile" QB's. where did that come from?

Simple. It was not JVB's skill set that caused the problems in 2012...it was the system, and at some level, the coaching. Just my opinion.

Simple. It was not JVB's skill set that caused the problems in 2012...it was the system, and at some level, the coaching. Just my opinion.

i think many agree with you at least to some extent. you certainly won't find too many Greg Davis fans around here.