Hawkeyes Sign Patrick McCaffery, Joe Toussaint

I think we all underestimated what Connor was going to do at Iowa, hopefully PMac is the same story.
Not all Dean. He will never be THAT guy that can penetrate at will to the basket that some on here holler for. He will be a solid point guard who can pass and set up others for open shots. I thought he would be a very good and heady player in our system.

Hopefully the same will hold true for PMac as well.
I'm not as optimistic about him. If you recall in the Iowa BB Recruits & Locure threads, I made it clear that CMac was the better BB recruit, at least as far as what the Iowa BB team needs.

I think we all underestimated what Connor was going to do at Iowa, hopefully PMac is the same story.
Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised with Conners play for sure. Dude being a freshman should help him get better. His little bro is a totally different kind of player it seems. He's aggressive with his scoring it looks like. How his game will transfer to this level may be different as slender as he is and all. Might take him a couple or more yrs to put on enough weight to be effective at this level. CMac is put together pretty good he's over 200 lbs if not right at it I bet. Little bro is far from that atm..

I'm not as optimistic about him. If you recall in the Iowa BB Recruits & Locure threads, I made it clear that CMac was the better BB recruit, at least as far as what the Iowa BB team needs.
I'm only not as optimistic in the sense of him making an immediate impact. I don't think he'll walk in day 1 and do much. It may be more of a Uthoff kind of deal where it won't be till he's a 3rd yr player or later till he is... He's clearly a skilled athletic kid. Just needs 25 lbs of muscle put on. Especially if he's going to be a slasher and try to play the same way he does now in HS.

I'm only not as optimistic in the sense of him making an immediate impact. I don't think he'll walk in day 1 and do much. It may be more of a Uthoff kind of deal where it won't be till he's a 3rd yr player or later till he is... He's clearly a skilled athletic kid. Just needs 25 lbs of muscle put on. Especially if he's going to be a slasher and try to play the same way he does now in HS.

Would be nice to redshirt him. If Cook comes back (which I don't expect) I think Patrick will definitely redshirt.

Would be nice to redshirt him. If Cook comes back (which I don't expect) I think Patrick will definitely redshirt.
Yeah that'd clearly be the best thing for him. I don't think PM be leaving early for the NBA at any point (wouldn't be mad if I'm wrong about that) But as you say with Cook and Baer both most likely gone I could see him playing a little. More out of needing the body than what he could produce so much

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of guys who were extremely skinny but were still pretty damn good college players. Being bigger is obviously an advantage, but most players have some kind of disadvantage. If skinny is the only one he has, he can still be pretty darn good.

The question is could Patrick survive playing with Cook. Cook has already knocked a couple of guys out for a few weeks.