Hawkeyes Sign Patrick McCaffery, Joe Toussaint

I wonder why they kept playing off him so much on the perimeter? He has pretty good ball handling for a 6-8 kid.

His shot looks a little better than it used to but looks like he still shoots 3's a lot from his chest. Still 6 for 8 isnt bad.
Unfortunately, I don't foresee his shot form changing any time soon. Pat seriously needs to beef up.

Well, Jazz Johnson appears to shoot in similar fashion as Patrick and he is tied for Number 2 in D1 this season for the Wolfpack.....

Patrick does have the advantage of being almost a foot taller than Jazz, however. Things might not be as dim as some think. PMac is a natural scorer and should put up a number of points on the scoreboard for the Hawks. Of this, I am certain.....

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/143

:cool:

Last edited:
His shot looks a little better than it used to but looks like he still shoots 3's a lot from his chest. Still 6 for 8 isnt bad.

I thought the same thing about his shot, but I still worry when looking at box scores how anyone with that type of height only has 4 rebounds. I guess those are the little things that eat at me, maybe I expect too much.

I thought the same thing about his shot, but I still worry when looking at box scores how anyone with that type of height only has 4 rebounds. I guess those are the little things that eat at me, maybe I expect too much.

I noticed that too. Wieskamp was pulling in like 17 boards a game it seemed like.

I noticed that too. Wieskamp was pulling in like 17 boards a game it seemed like.
PMac's never been a big rebounder and he never will be. His success will depend upon his outside game unless he somehow puts on 40 pounds.

Fair enough and I'll be the first to admit that it was something that caught my eye on here when I say the stat sheet, and not something that I've been following all season. Just jumped out at me as odd.

Here are some stat lines of people we are still recruiting and people we wished we recruited harder :D

Tyreke Locure
Pts: 31.4 | Rbds: 6.1 | Assists: 6.14 | Steals: 5 | Blocks: 0

Patrick McCaffery

Pts: 27.7 | Rbds: 7.5 | Assists: 1.83 | Steals: 1.16 | Blocks: 0.67

D.J. Carton
Pts: 23 | Rbds: 6.6 | Assists: 5.57 | Steals: 1.42 | Blocks: 0.85

Xavier Foster

Pts: 15.5 | Rbds: 11.1 | Assists: 1.62 | Steals: .63 | Blocks: 5.62

Last edited:
I really don’t have a problem with Pat’s shooting form. At 6’8” he’s not going to have a problem getting that off on anyone. He should have the skills to get past any big man to the basket. I think he could be a great Hawk with some added weight. I’d say 25-30 lbs. He does have some very good skills regardless of what some Fran haters want to believe. I’m sure his BB IQ is high like Connor’s. I’d say most of us have been impressed with Connor, I believe we will be even more impressed with Patrick.

I really don’t have a problem with Pat’s shooting form. At 6’8” he’s not going to have a problem getting that off on anyone. He should have the skills to get past any big man to the basket. I think he could be a great Hawk with some added weight. I’d say 25-30 lbs. He does have some very good skills regardless of what some Fran haters want to believe. I’m sure his BB IQ is high like Connor’s. I’d say most of us have been impressed with Connor, I believe we will be even more impressed with Patrick.
giphy.gif

So who is the bigger kool-aid drinker?
The fan that chooses to cheer for the current coaching staff and players to have success or the fan that thinks we can fire the current coach and hire someone else and the new coach is going to be more successful, if not we'll fire that one and try again until the AD gets it right.
I know that I fall in the first group. I also know that once a coaching change is made, I'll cheer for the new coach.
My father-in-law gave me some very good advice years ago. He told me "You might as well cheer up now because things are probably going to get worse "