Hawkeyes Keep It Rolling with Win Against Colorado

Still gotta fix the turnovers but nice to see we can overcome it.

Dailey stepped up. Pemsl was great in the end. Cook was great early. Lots of guys played well.

Garza/Kriener didn’t do much. Connor had a great first half but and equally bad 2nd.

I still think Ellingson could play spot minutes if we have foul trouble at the 2 but the experiment of him playing the point came to an end tonight.

I was wrong, I predicted Iowa would lose if the Colorado PG had double digit points, (I think he had 22) and 6 or more assists. ( He had 6), unless they had a lot of turnovers. They had like 6 for the whole game none by their PG. Add to the mix Iowa had 19 turnovers. This one makes me scratch my head. Iowa shot well and was extremely scrappy, blew a 10 point lead then rebuilt it. Iowa got contributions from everyone but didn't shoot free throws well at the end.
Big win in front of an enthusiastic crowd the likes you don't see at Carver. Sorry but I've been shushed at Carver. The crowds at Carver are old and usually in the bathroom or ordering ice cream during the game. I'm glad I was wrong but our guards have to get better handling the ball. Colorado was only in this game because of turnovers.

I was wrong, I predicted Iowa would lose if the Colorado PG had double digit points, (I think he had 22) and 6 or more assists. ( He had 6), unless they had a lot of turnovers. They had like 6 for the whole game none by their PG. Add to the mix Iowa had 19 turnovers. This one makes me scratch my head. Iowa shot well and was extremely scrappy, blew a 10 point lead then rebuilt it. Iowa got contributions from everyone but didn't shoot free throws well at the end.
Big win in front of an enthusiastic crowd the likes you don't see at Carver. Sorry but I've been shushed at Carver. The crowds at Carver are old and usually in the bathroom or ordering ice cream during the game. I'm glad I was wrong but our guards have to get better handling the ball. Colorado was only in this game because of turnovers.

Wright, the Colorado point guard showed us why we need a quality point guard. He schooled every guard we had. His quickness and ball savvy were the keys.

Decent win against a decent team on a neutral court. It bumped the over / under of total W's from 10 to around 14, which is CBI territory.

Hope the Hawks keep baby-stepping and Fran doesn't get in his way of what's working.

Would like to see Dailey at the pint with McCaf his backup and JBo at the two with Brady his backup. This gives us at least some athleticism at the point and a solid shooting option off ball. Only way they get this ship on a good path.

6 of 23 from 3pt range. Against a zone defense. That's why Colorado lost, when we gave them 19 turnovers.

Would like to see Dailey at the pint with McCaf his backup and JBo at the two with Brady his backup. This gives us at least some athleticism at the point and a solid shooting option off ball. Only way they get this ship on a good path.

Moss is averaging 12 pts a game and is a better defender than JBo or Ellingson but you don’t want him to play??

If we had McKinley Wright we'd be ranked right now.

I do think our perimeter defense played better last night, which was surprising given how quick Colorado's guards are.

The last 5 seasons, we've had that go to player:
Matt Gatens, Roy Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jared Uthoff and Peter Jok.

Who is that "Alpha Dog" this season?
IMO, it could be Tyler Cook or Jordan Bohannon.
Potential, yes, but not there, yet.

Moss is averaging 12 pts a game and is a better defender than JBo or Ellingson but you don’t want him to play??
Haven't looked but what is his point average against the Power 5 teams? Moss is okay but he's slow, can't defend and isn't a great shooter. He should definitely get minutes but I don't think he has showed that he's hands down one of our best options.

Haven't looked but what is his point average against the Power 5 teams? Moss is okay but he's slow, can't defend and isn't a great shooter. He should definitely get minutes but I don't think he has showed that he's hands down one of our best options.

You are forgetting about Dailey. He has to be in the mix at both guard spots. Your assessment of Moss is correct, but he is currently the best option at the 2 spot. Imo, the 2 guard is a bigger problem than than PG position.

Decent win against a decent team on a neutral court. It bumped the over / under of total W's from 10 to around 14, which is CBI territory.

Hope the Hawks keep baby-stepping and Fran doesn't get in his way of what's working.

I bet Fran will just get in the way of his teams success. He’s known for that

I bet Fran will just get in the way of his teams success. He’s known for that

I still don't get why you are so pissy about football and get so upset about negative comments at worst no worse than what you did here about BB.

I still don't get why you are so pissy about football and get so upset about negative comments at worst no worse than what you did here about BB.
Not sure you read my sarcasm right, I am overly positive about the football program as well.