Trump supporters, how do you square this?

And, of course, his mass deportation. While I am all for beefing up border security, this mass deportation thing has chaos written all over it. I hope we never have to see how that plays out.
Immigration us where I fault both parties as complete idiots. Reds want mass deportation, which are cost prohibitive, both in terms of logistics and inflationary effects. Blues want amnesty which reinforces lawlessness and handouts.

There was a bipartisan bill 2-3 years ago co-authored by Rubio and a Dem from CO I think that would vastly simplified the citizenship and documentation proces. But it was killed by far right and far left members. This is the exact place for bipartisanship!

Last edited:
This recent Jon Stewart podcast featured a discussion of voting fairness and security, and explains why it would be so difficult to cheat in a US election where the administration is decentralized and has so many checks and balances (the man explaining the security part is Matt Masterson, the former Republican Chairman of the bipartisan Election Assistance Commission):

Many non-partisan organizations have looked extensively into this issue and found that voter fraud is very rare, and when it does occur it is typically recognized and the vote is not counted:

The Heritage Foundation (decidedly partisan) keeps a database of election fraud cases going back decades (they cite a case from the Truman-Dewey election in 1948), and even though they argue that the database shows that our elections are NOT secure, there are a grand total of 1,561 proven instances of voter fraud in their database. Over that time period, there have been well over 3 billion votes cast in this country. Not only do the fraudulent votes account for less than 0.0001% of the votes cast, but the fraudulent votes were not counted in most instances, and they were not systematically cast in favor of one party of the other (the only voter fraud case in Iowa from the last midterms was from a Republican who voted both absentee and in-person).

With the mountains of evidence indicating that voter fraud is exceedingly rare and it is almost impossible to get away with, this messaging seems very problematic:

That is a straight assertion that if the election does not come out in Trump's favor, it was stolen. The fact that so many people think this is an okay thing to assert is bonkers.

Even more galling, when you read Carlson's own thoughts about Trump and his thoughts about the 2020 election from released communications in the Fox defamation suit, it becomes clear he does not even believe the lies he is spouting, he is simply angling for more power and influence.