Hawkeyes 53 Man Roster Outlook

I hadn't thought of the CFL angle for Wadley. He could have a very long, productive career up there with his unique talents

I hadn't thought of the CFL angle for Wadley. He could have a very long, productive career up there with his unique talents
Tevaun Smith should ah e done the same thing. He’s another perfect fit for the CFL. He’s not gonna crack the NFL so the best thing he could do right now is head back north.

The Jags have him on IR, but he’ll get booted down the road as soon as he’s off of it. This happens a lot when a guy not on contract gets hurt who wouldn’t make the team. Their agent does some finagling and keeps them on the IR long enough that they can get their surgeries/rehab paid for before they get the heave ho. Same thing happened to Tyler Starr from George, IA if you remember him. He kicked ass for USD and hooked up with the Falcons. Never made the team or got a contract but got hurt. If he wouldn’t have gotten Atlanta to put him on IR he’d be on the hook for medical stuff which more than likely would have left him broke with no job.

There’s so much shady shit that goes on with how the NFL handles these things it’s unreal.

The Pats have just released their 3rd veteran WR since camp opened. It certainly doesn't hurt Riley McCarron's chances to make the roster.

Ben Niemann is now projected by all Chiefs media sources to make the squad. I will leave my original post unedited so we can talk about it after the cuts.

Ben Niemann is now projected by all Chiefs media sources to make the squad. I will leave my original post unedited so we can talk about it after the cuts.
I said this a while ago, he reminds me of A J Edds with his cover skills. Hopefully he makes the Chiefs and avoids the injury bug that plagued Edds during his brief NFL career.

The Pats have just released their 3rd veteran WR since camp opened. It certainly doesn't hurt Riley McCarron's chances to make the roster.
And now Eric Decker has announced his retirement. This may further enhance McCarron's chances of making the roster but the Patriots are well known for bringing in veteran players off the scrap heap and Dez Bryant is lurking out there waiting for the phone to ring. Or tweet.

Mike Reiss
ESPN Staff Writer

After Eric Decker announced his retirement on Sunday, here is the Patriots' WR depth chart: 1. Julian Edelman; 2. Chris Hogan; 3. Phillip Dorsett; 4. Cordarrelle Patterson; 5. Riley McCarron; 6. Devin Lucien; 7. Braxton Berrios; 8. Paul Turner; 9. Matthew Slater as special teams captain.

And now Eric Decker has announced his retirement. This may further enhance McCarron's chances of making the roster but the Patriots are well known for bringing in veteran players off the scrap heap and Dez Bryant is lurking out there waiting for the phone to ring. Or tweet.

Pats won't pay what Dez wants. Dez should have taken the just under 5 million Cleveland offered him.

Pats won't pay what Dez wants. Dez should have taken the just under 5 million Cleveland offered him.
He sure should have. Cause he's going to cave in and sign with someone for a lot less once the season starts. And he's going to have to catch up learning that team's system and developing chemistry with that quarterback.

That's awesome. Glad to see his story ended with a happy ending.

Pretty impressive that WR is a strength on the the Browns and he still got a spot. I’ll be interested in how he gets along with Todd Haley. He clowned on Willies pretty good in their 3rd preseason game

His pre season play has been flawless. He might literally be their 4th best LB. I'm not surprised at all that he made the 53. I called it earlier in fact.

DmQ7ejgUUAA4ifk.jpg

Latest posts