Hawkeyes 53 Man Roster Outlook

DmaC5SBXsAAVHgX.jpg

The past few days I've been cruising NFL team sites and checking out the 53 man roster predictions for each Hawkeye player currently signed. That list of current players is located here.

Below is what the consensus is for which players will make the 53 man roster on their respective teams, and below that are players expected to be cut, signed to practice squads, or put on PUP like Bulaga.

53 Man Roster Players:
CJ Beathard
Austin Blythe
Adrian Clayborn
Mike Daniels
James Daniels
Carl Davis
Andrew Donnal
Anthony Hitchens
Micah Hyde
Josh Jackson
Josey Jewell
Jaleel Johnson
Desmond King
Christian Kirksey
George Kittle
Casey Kreiter
Riley Reiff
Brandon Scherff
Marshal Yanda

Players Projected To Be Cut/PS:
Ike Boettger
Bo Bower
Bryan Bulaga
James Butler
Cole Croston
LeShun Daniels, Jr.
James Ferentz
Adam Gettis
Marshall Koehn
Henry Krieger-Coble
Greg Mabin
Riley McCarron
Ben Niemann
Tevaun Smith
Matt Tobin
Akrum Wadley

These are not my predictions. I know not everyone is going to agree with all of these either and we all want every Hawkeye player to make cuts, but they are the general consensus on most NFL team sites. I've heard several times on the board that Mabin will make it, and the Patriots sites have Croston listed as a strong bubble. In any case, I thought it'd make for some interesting banter; what are your thoughts???

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but it looks like Jewell will be a full-time starter next year:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ikely-not-exercise-option-lb-brandon-marshall

I'd think some of the guys listed on the Cut/PS list would have been good candidates for the new AAF league. Get some playing time, hone their skills, show what they can do.

Latest posts