Hawkeye Fan, Radio host Wolfgang Tragically Killed

TheIowaHawkGuy

https://www.weareiowa.com/news/loca...d-in-tuesday-morning-crash-on-i-80/1860611111

This sucks. Wolfgang was a huge Iowa basketball fan and often contributed on HN with podcasts and articles. The guy was a great interaction on Twitter as well. Always friendly and passionate with fans regardless of their opinions. He had me on his radio show a few times amongst other non-media guys and gals just to get fan perspectives. Thought that was so cool and humbling. He was an awesome dude.

I know Jon was a friend of his as well. I’m sorry to hear this Jon. You and him were enjoyable together. Loved his passion.

This is such an incredibly sad and untimely tragic death. I know he was excited for the Hawkeyes in the tourney when many of us weren’t as excited or critical. He’d want them to be the Cinderella story this year. Hopefully his passion and fandom can will this team on a run now.

RIP Gantry “Wolfgang” Miller. Go Hawks.

Last edited:
I didn't know him personally, but I loved it when he joined Jon for podcasts. Wolfgang would be all full of fire and passion and Jon is always so understated. It was great listening.

RIP, man. I didn't know you, but I will still miss you.

With the way people drive looking at their phones, I cringe whenever I see someone on the side of the road.
Yes. A person has to be very careful being outside of a car on a road. Can’t assume you’re safe at all.

Boy, I hate reading about good people with good lives dying tragically.

It's crazy and sad that two Des Moines radio personalities in the last year have died after exiting their vehicles at the wrong place and time.

I didn't know him personally, but I loved it when he joined Jon for podcasts. Wolfgang would be all full of fire and passion and Jon is always so understated. It was great listening.

RIP, man. I didn't know you, but I will still miss you.

That is the way he was EVERY DAY. That is why I enjoyed him so much. You knew the guy had heart. He lived to talk the Hawks. He was sincere about what matter to him. He liked Fran for who he is & Loved the Hawks, and he let you know it.

It was a shock to tune into his show today. Sucks.

Rest buddy, love you man.

He was corny, I often rolled my eyes at stuff he said but damn it, that was part of his charm. RIP Wolfgang. This is incredibly sad. There is a law in Iowa stating it's mandatory to move over to the far lane for stalled vehicles right? I thought it was a fairly new law.

As a Clone fan he was always fair to me privately and publicly on twitter. Always called a spade a spade whether good or bad for the Hawks or Clones. I'll miss his passion. He was really getting good in the radio biz.

He was corny, I often rolled my eyes at stuff he said but damn it, that was part of his charm. RIP Wolfgang. This is incredibly sad. There is a law in Iowa stating it's mandatory to move over to the far lane for stalled vehicles right? I thought it was a fairly new law.
No, that is for emergency vehicles. And if you can't get over you must slow down. But I think it is becoming common courtesy to just move over for everyone. Hell most folks drive in the left lane anyway.

No, that is for emergency vehicles. And if you can't get over you must slow down. But I think it is becoming common courtesy to just move over for everyone. Hell most folks drive in the left lane anyway.

Damn, I thought it was EVERY vehicle and I swear it was like a new law or something. I know I do that - and TBH, I have a lot of reservations of getting out of my vehicle on the interstate.

Damn, I thought it was EVERY vehicle and I swear it was like a new law or something. I know I do that - and TBH, I have a lot of reservations of getting out of my vehicle on the interstate.
Oh, well I guess we were both kinda right. Any vehicle displaying flashing lights. Emergency or private vehicle with 4 way flashers. Here's the link. LINKY

It's been a law for a long time and you're supposed to slow down especially around emergency vechicles. It's really a good law to protect the police officers, firefighters, and paramedics.

Depending on traffic it would be virtually impossible to get over sometimes.

I don't understand the bikers. I will never ride a bike on the road again, NEVER! I don't care if I am training for RAGBRAII or not. People aren't paying attention.
Yeah I don't see the risk being worth the reward with the folks that do that... I just don't. That's not a 'game' bikers can 'win'

Yeah I don't see the risk being worth the reward with the folks that do that... I just don't. That's not a 'game' bikers can 'win'
I feel the same way about riding a bike on the road. Bike riding has always been my hobby. I rode a lot of MS150 bike rides. I just ride inside now and it's much safer than on the road.
Proform-studio-bike-pro-adjustments.jpg

Latest posts