Hawkeye Express

GrimesHawkI

First run for the Hawkeye Express is at 0800 Saturday. I volunteer on the train and will be working the last car and also making the announcements on the PA and getting my fellow Hawk fans fired up for the game.

If traveling from afar, please be safe in your travels.

GHI

My wife and I rode the train for the Arizona game. It was $10 per person a short ride. We parked at the Coral Ridge Mall and walked down to catch the train. The drop off point is just down some stairs from the Kinnick parking lot. It is very convenient and I would recommend it.

Rode the train for the first time at the UNI game, it was pretty fun can't believe how many people can fit in one sitting.

My wife and I will see you on the train!!! We will be amped up!!!
We take the train every time. So much easier to deal with than parking right by Kinnick.

Go Hawks!!!

Got two free train tickets with my season tickets. My son and I usually ride it once per season, so we'll probably do it tomorrow.

Very convenient....except getting out of the lot....that is a major pain.

We love taking the train in. Tradition is to get to the lot early, slam down some breakfast, then jump on the Express to Kinnick. Getting out of the lot can be a pain, but is NOTHING compared to parking close to the stadium. (Used to rent a house in University Heights when I was in college and paid our utilities and them some with the money we made.)
Always good to see another Hawk fan from Grimes!
-Greg

I HIGHLY Recommend the Express.

The only downside in my opinion is the rush after the game. My advice is to take your time after the game, enjoy the victory and not worry about catching the first trip back after the game.

Never riden the train, but think that it really adds to the gameday experience. I hope that it sticks around for a long time.

I think that I will try the train tomorrow morning

What time is the first train to the stadium?

GrimesHawkI said:
First run for the Hawkeye Express is at 0800 Saturday. I volunteer on the train and will be working the last car and also making the announcements on the PA and getting my fellow Hawk fans fired up for the game.

If traveling from afar, please be safe in your travels.

GHI

The train has been a big hit and IMHO really does add to the game day experience..

Just an FYI, for those who care, the behind the scenes effort to put that train in place and run it smoothly is a huge ordeal that affects train opperations from Chicago to Omaha and Cedar Rapids to Rock Island for a 24 hour period. The work and emphasis on getting Freight trains in place to move by Coralville on a single line track before the Express gets going, when it shuts down for 2nd through 3rd quarter and immediately after the game is nothing short of amazing.
Not only does the railroad work to position these freight trains, but they also work to inspect the track and all equipment immediately before opperation. It is a really big feat.

If you take the train (and I think everyone who regularly goes to the games should at least once) enjoy the experience and maybe take a second to think of all of the people who work very hard make it possible.

I enjoy the train tremendously.. the reason I don't ride it more is the late first train ride.. I wish they had an early bird run, like before 7 for those of us who are meeting people who are tailgating by the stadium.