Hawkeye Combine Numbers

It looks like Clayborn put up a 4.81 (still unofficial) in the 40. 6'3", 281 lbs.

Wow! Ballard ran 4.70! 6'4", 283 lbs. I don't know what his 10 yard split was, but that's a real good number for a DT...at his size and speed he could be very versatile in many different schemes.

Klug didn't run...injury or waiting for pro day?

Last edited:
It looks like Clayborn put up a 4.81 (still unofficial) in the 40. 6'3", 281 lbs.

Wow! Ballard ran 4.70! 6'4", 283 lbs. I don't know what his 10 yard split was, but that's a real good number for a DT...at his size and speed he could be very versatile in many different schemes.

Klug didn't run...injury or waiting for pro day?

During the broadcast they said that Ballard's 4.70 is the best 40 by a DT since Tommie Harris (who ran a 4.68).
Good showing by him.

Adrian owned the Vertical Jump. Unofficially it was 33" which is pretty good for a DE.

Both Clayborn and Ballard made the first ten yards in 1.66 which Mayock was saying is a very good time and more important than the entire 40 for D lineman.

Who was the DE that ran the 4.35?

I think both Mario Williams and Dwight Freeney were sub 4.4, but I didn't think either of them went quite that low.

Some DE from Nevada ran a 4.44 40 today and vertical jumped 42".:eek: Granted, he's a bit undersized for a DE (6'1", 248 lbs.), but that's still pretty impressive.

I think both Mario Williams and Dwight Freeney were sub 4.4, but I didn't think either of them went quite that low.

Some DE from Nevada ran a 4.44 40 today and vertical jumped 42".:eek: Granted, he's a bit undersized for a DE (6'1", 248 lbs.), but that's still pretty impressive.

Thought I heard someone ran a 4.35 this morning.

Latest posts