Hawkeye Combine Numbers

Ouch, 4.93? That's going to be a big blow.

anyone know what brandon myers ran? Seriously, there are starting TEs in the NFL that run slower than a 4.9. Reisner also looks thicker through the legs than the rest of the other TEs. He is going to be a good blocker w/ good hands. probably S. teamer to start...very similar to myers.

anyone know what brandon myers ran? Seriously, there are starting TEs in the NFL that run slower than a 4.9. Reisner also looks thicker through the legs than the rest of the other TEs. He is going to be a good blocker w/ good hands. probably S. teamer to start...very similar to myers.

Myers ran a 4.87 and 4.67 at his pro day.

Ya, I thought Doyle was supposed to be the best. You need that chest strength for blocking.

As soon as they adjust the rules so that guys lay down and block a metal bar, I am sure they will work on it. And when was the last time you saw an OLinemen try to extend his arms and push out on a Dlineman?

I think Iowa guys do just fine in the trenches blocking other guys.

and Reisner will run considerably faster at Iowa's pro day too. That is a bizarre split you reported for Myers.

Agreed. I found those times on Myers' profile on nfldraftscout.com. Not sure if those times were both from his pro day, or one from the combine and the other from his pro day.

As soon as they adjust the rules so that guys lay down and block a metal bar, I am sure they will work on it. And when was the last time you saw an OLinemen try to extend his arms and push out on a Dlineman?

I think Iowa guys do just fine in the trenches blocking other guys.
So you're saying bench is not a factor. Ya, right. I guess they can just stop doing it then.

I was watching the OL but I think they skipped right over JV. He was set to go next and they cut to some video of someone else....so I didn't see what he ran. Anyone know?

So you're saying bench is not a factor. Ya, right. I guess they can just stop doing it then.

Obviously, it's a factor, or they wouldn't do it. But it's one of the least important things that they measure. We NEVER do well at the combine on the bench, yet we continue to have a lot of guys drafted and play in the league. Something tells me they are willing to look past poor bench performance.

Obviously, it's a factor, or they wouldn't do it. But it's one of the least important things that they measure. We NEVER do well at the combine on the bench, yet we continue to have a lot of guys drafted and play in the league. Something tells me they are willing to look past poor bench performance.

Nope, he is right. No way a guy like Bulaga who did barely more reps than Brady Quinn on the bench could ever play tackle in the league. :rolleyes:

Been watching some of the NFL combine with the OL. Now I can see why the NFL sucks so bad. These drills for the OL are plain stupid. The dumbest I have ever seen in my life.

NFL is a complete joke..... Football is not that hard, it's blocking and tackling.

Been watching some of the NFL combine with the OL. Now I can see why the NFL sucks so bad. These drills for the OL are plain stupid. The dumbest I have ever seen in my life.

NFL is a complete joke..... Football is not that hard, it's blocking and tackling.
I can see why you don't have many posts. lets keep it that way :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPXeS0FM_Y]YouTube - facepalm[/ame]

Go back to watching your soccer meet.

Latest posts