Hawk Talk Tonight

Didn't catch all of the show, but heard McCaffrey respond to a question about all the dunks. Basically said he talked to guys about raking arms and committing harder (not dirty) fouls to prevent a dunk contest. Complimented Archie for "tattooing" a couple of guys.

I think the staff is trying to coach / teach the right things, it just seems the message is not getting through, or guys just aren't capable of matching the physicality of our opponents.

is there any way you can transcribe it for me?:confused:

7:00PM, Gary Dolphin: Welcome to Hawk Talk, LIVE from Carlos O'Kelly's! Fran will be with us shortly. He's running a bit late as his charges are finishing up defense oriented practice with a quick blocking out drill where no one can leave until everyone does it correctly and to the staff's liking...

8:29PM, Gary Dolphin: Thank you to all of tonight's callers and to the fine crowd gathered here at Carlos O'Kelly's...not sure why Fran never showed up, but I'm sure he'll be right back here next week! So be sure to join us on Hawk Talk, LIVE from Carlos O'Kelly's next week at 7PM...Goodnight and GO HAWKS!

His quotes in the paper pretty much answer the question. He esssentially says "we aren't physical enough to play in this league".

Latest posts