Have to say Congats to Iowa State

longtimer

Even though I am not or never could be a Clones fan you have to give them and especially Hoiberg credit for a great year. At the time we played them I thought we were at least as good as them, but clearly they are much better when it really counts. They are capable of making a deep run in the tournament.
It hurts to say but this looks to be the new norm for some time to come

They throw more elbows and cheap shots/flops than any team in nation. A good defensive team beats them. Any seed

Kansas aint bad? As far as next year with the Clones they were thought to have been second division this year after losing a bunch of players from last year. Didnt happen. I think they have a couple of transfer ready to play (wish we did) and some pretty good players including Niang coming back.
Like I said it dont look to pretty for Hawks. Its always doubly tough when we sink the same time Iowa State rises!

Im at work not drunk. Hard to top kane and ejim. 2nd division but not cuz kane/ejim. And Kansas wins with their big so dont go all dynasty Duke quite yet. Homers cant see the flops and elbows i guess. Im sorry but there cheap.

Congrats to ISU. Anyone who doesn't think that they have a very good team is delusional. They play tough, and they are clutch down at crunch time. They beat the team they just couldn't get over on lately (Kansas) and they are gonna make a deep run this year in the tourney.

Congrats to ISU. Anyone who doesn't think that they have a very good team is delusional. They play tough, and they are clutch down at crunch time. They beat the team they just couldn't get over on lately (Kansas) and they are gonna make a deep run this year in the tourney.

Great wins for ISU for sure. But not going to give them for getting over KU without help from one of KU's best players not even playing...even then they did what they had to do and got the win.

They have a great team...now do I agree with the route Freddy takes..no. However it is what he chooses to do and he is having great success. He is a class act and always has been. I think it is a matter of time before the NBA lures him away. His rapport with elite athletes (attitudes) is really special. For now hats off to the Cyclones...

Im at work not drunk. Hard to top kane and ejim. 2nd division but not cuz kane/ejim. And Kansas wins with their big so dont go all dynasty Duke quite yet. Homers cant see the flops and elbows i guess. Im sorry but there cheap.

Sounds like someone might be a little jealous.

Until kane end ejim are gone. Kane makes it go

That's the same thing everyone thought last year when ISU graduated Korie Lucious, Chris Babb, Will Clyburn, and Tyrus McGee..... who scored the VAST majority of ISU's points.

Everyone said that this was going to be the year where Fred's "system" would see it's downfall with all those guys graduating at once. Well.... here we are, less than a year later with a Big 12 Championship.

Next year ISU returns Monte Morris, Matt Thomas, Naz Long, Dustin Hogue, and Georges Niang. Along with Sherron Dorsey-Walker and Daniel Edozie too.

Then add to that, the transfers of Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader, both who could start right now according to those in the know, including Fran Fraschilla who has seen ISU practice several times this season.

And ISU is also adding Clayton Custer to back up Morris at PG. Custer is a top 100 kid too.

Oh, and don't forget, Fred also still has two open schollies left to use as well, and according to one of the assistant coaches, don't be surprised at all who they could still add to this team, kinda like they did with Kane last year at the last moment.

I don't see ISU falling very far next year, if at all.

That's the same thing everyone thought last year when ISU graduated Korie Lucious, Chris Babb, Will Clyburn, and Tyrus McGee..... who scored the VAST majority of ISU's points.

Everyone said that this was going to be the year where Fred's "system" would see it's downfall with all those guys graduating at once. Well.... here we are, less than a year later with a Big 12 Championship.

Next year ISU returns Monte Morris, Matt Thomas, Naz Long, Dustin Hogue, and Georges Niang. Along with Sherron Dorsey-Walker and Daniel Edozie too.

Then add to that, the transfers of Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader, both who could start right now according to those in the know, including Fran Fraschilla who has seen ISU practice several times this season.

And ISU is also adding Clayton Custer to back up Morris at PG. Custer is a top 100 kid too.

Oh, and don't forget, Fred also still has two open schollies left to use as well, and according to one of the assistant coaches, don't be surprised at all who they could still add to this team, kinda like they did with Kane last year at the last moment.

I don't see ISU falling very far next year, if at all.

I was of the opinion that they lost too much from the year before, and would be a bubble team. When they signed Kane, I then said they would make the tourney for sure.

Fred is looking to be like Bo Ryan.....no matter what they lose, they have something waiting in the wings to replace them.

ISU is a fun to watch because they don't go away quietly when they're down. They've come back many times this year against good teams. They have everything a team needs to make it to the Final 4.

This. Good team that deserves all of the credit they get. They earned it.

Latest posts