Have to say Congats to Iowa State

ISU is the top team in the state, no doubt about it. But don't count out Iowa, we will see better season's under Fran. Just give it time.

ISU is a fun to watch because they don't go away quietly when they're down. They've come back many times this year against good teams. They have everything a team needs to make it to the Final 4.

Exactly...the two games of their's I have watched were the OSU games...both games I thought they were down and out...and boom...they came back...and the game down at Stillwater may have been one of the most entertaining games in all of CBB this season.

Even though everyone and their brother about fouled out.

Congrats to ISU! Some day Iowa will get to that level!

That's the same thing everyone thought last year when ISU graduated Korie Lucious, Chris Babb, Will Clyburn, and Tyrus McGee..... who scored the VAST majority of ISU's points.

Everyone said that this was going to be the year where Fred's "system" would see it's downfall with all those guys graduating at once. Well.... here we are, less than a year later with a Big 12 Championship.

Next year ISU returns Monte Morris, Matt Thomas, Naz Long, Dustin Hogue, and Georges Niang. Along with Sherron Dorsey-Walker and Daniel Edozie too.

Then add to that, the transfers of Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader, both who could start right now according to those in the know, including Fran Fraschilla who has seen ISU practice several times this season.

And ISU is also adding Clayton Custer to back up Morris at PG. Custer is a top 100 kid too.

Oh, and don't forget, Fred also still has two open schollies left to use as well, and according to one of the assistant coaches, don't be surprised at all who they could still add to this team, kinda like they did with Kane last year at the last moment.

I don't see ISU falling very far next year, if at all.

Put me in the group that thought ISU would take a step backwards this year after losing Babb and McGee.

And it's gonna cost me $20 because I made a bet that the hawks would go farther than the clones in the NCAA tourney.

Big spender... I know.

Congrats to ISU. Anyone who doesn't think that they have a very good team is delusional. They play tough, and they are clutch down at crunch time. They beat the team they just couldn't get over on lately (Kansas) and they are gonna make a deep run this year in the tourney.

Exactly correct Dean. The Clones are what I'd like Iowa to be. Tough, physical and clutch at the end of the game.

Put me in the group that thought ISU would take a step backwards this year after losing Babb and McGee.

And it's gonna cost me $20 because I made a bet that the hawks would go farther than the clones in the NCAA tourney.
I would have lost bets too, if anyone had offered.
Big spender... I know.

That's the same thing everyone thought last year when ISU graduated Korie Lucious, Chris Babb, Will Clyburn, and Tyrus McGee..... who scored the VAST majority of ISU's points.

Everyone said that this was going to be the year where Fred's "system" would see it's downfall with all those guys graduating at once. Well.... here we are, less than a year later with a Big 12 Championship.

Next year ISU returns Monte Morris, Matt Thomas, Naz Long, Dustin Hogue, and Georges Niang. Along with Sherron Dorsey-Walker and Daniel Edozie too.

Then add to that, the transfers of Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader, both who could start right now according to those in the know, including Fran Fraschilla who has seen ISU practice several times this season.

And ISU is also adding Clayton Custer to back up Morris at PG. Custer is a top 100 kid too.

Oh, and don't forget, Fred also still has two open schollies left to use as well, and according to one of the assistant coaches, don't be surprised at all who they could still add to this team, kinda like they did with Kane last year at the last moment.

I don't see ISU falling very far next year, if at all.

Agree. They actually will be very good on paper for sure. That's a very solid and scary good team. They won't be underrated or overlooked like they have past 3 seasons though.

Congrats to ISU. Anyone who doesn't think that they have a very good team is delusional. They play tough, and they are clutch down at crunch time. They beat the team they just couldn't get over on lately (Kansas) and they are gonna make a deep run this year in the tourney.

I don't think they had a chance if Embiid played.

I don't think they had a chance if Embiid played.

Kansas isn't unbeatable with Embid. They have lost plenty of games with him playing. Will never know, as you have to play the game with the players you got.

Kansas isn't unbeatable with Embid. They have lost plenty of games with him playing. Will never know, as you have to play the game with the players you got.

Agree, but watching the game it's clear KU is a way different team with him. ISU played well, and definitely played to KU's weakness w/o him.

Do I think Iowa State loses if Embiid plays? Yeah, probably. Glad he was out because I was one of the thousands of Iowa State fans that made the trek down Sat. and it was an amazing experience.

That said I do think Iowa State could lose as early as the second round. Anything can happen. And if they do I hope I remember last night so I don't forget how special this season has been.

I do think they take a step back next year. However people said Royce couldn't be replaced, then it was the seniors last year, now it's Kane and ejim. They'll be in the tourney it's just a matter of seed.

Latest posts