Hate to say it but Urban is restoring the order for real

RocknRollface

Nebraska will never be the class of a conference again, get used to second fiddle next to PSU.

I have a sinking feeling that Myer is going to make OSU twice as dominant as they were under Tressel.

I'm sick of Ohio State. Too bad they'll never die...ever.

I'll take just beating them once in my life while they are actually good.

Seeing Urban's success is proof in my mind that the SEC is no joke. Missouri just lost to Vanderbilt tonight and they were the team most people wanted to join. They're 48-19 the past 5 seasons and they're 0-3 in their SEC debut. Vanderbilt by all accounts suck and Kentucky might be the only SEC team left that Missouri could beat. If Meyer can overtake the SEC, he should have no problem doing the same at Ohio State. As long as he doesn't have to face Alabama/Nick Saban, he's a threat to win it all every season when the ban is over. I don't think he can beat Saban though, he seems to be Meyer's kryptonite.

Nebraska will never be the class of a conference again, get used to second fiddle next to PSU.

I have a sinking feeling that Myer is going to make OSU twice as dominant as they were under Tressel.

Not sure yet. This is still Tressell's team. Every team Meyer went to, the recruitment had already been established. And when the well runs dry, he has "health problems". I'll wait to see if he's still there after 5 years.....

Urban may run the score up a bit more, but he will struggle to be as successful as Tress was in C-bus.

There is a handful of these posts every month about how we should fear Urban, how he will dominate the league...which makes me think people didn't realize how dominating tOSU was in the conference under Tressel.

Urban may run the score up a bit more, but he will struggle to be as successful as Tress was in C-bus.

There is a handful of these posts every month about how we should fear Urban, how he will dominate the league...which makes me think people didn't realize how dominating tOSU was in the conference under Tressel.

Oh they were good. But Tressel held them back plenty. They had the talent to dominate a lot more than the Big Ten in most years. Meyer won't hesitate to loose he dogs. But he's not just about offense, either. His defenses at Florida were every bit as stiff as the offenses were potent.

Not sure yet. This is still Tressell's team. Every team Meyer went to, the recruitment had already been established. And when the well runs dry, he has "health problems". I'll wait to see if he's still there after 5 years.....

Tebow, Harvin, and Brandon Spikes were all Meyer's recruits. The seniors were the only non-Meyer recruits on the '08 title team.

Not sure yet. This is still Tressell's team. Every team Meyer went to, the recruitment had already been established. And when the well runs dry, he has "health problems". I'll wait to see if he's still there after 5 years.....[/ QUOTE]

Yes, bowling green and Utah were just loaded before Meyer got there, just right place right time LOL. Meyer is the best coach in the game, osu is going to become a monster of a program under him.

tOSU under Meyer is very scary. I also think that the next few years are their's for the taking. However, I think that by hiring Meyer, it will force the rest of the conference to adapt. It's quite possible that we see a major shift in style of play, both offensively and defensively, as well as how we recruit. Meyer can't be there forever. The time frame for him has been shown at each stop.

Then again, I could be completely wrong and we could be effed in the a.

Not sure yet. This is still Tressell's team. Every team Meyer went to, the recruitment had already been established. And when the well runs dry, he has "health problems". I'll wait to see if he's still there after 5 years.....[/ QUOTE]

Yes, bowling green and Utah were just loaded before Meyer got there, just right place right time LOL. Meyer is the best coach in the game, osu is going to become a monster of a program under him.

Second best (Saban is a little better, IMO) but the sentiment still stands.

Jim Tressell won at least a share of the Big Ten title each of his last 6 seasons. I'll wait a little longer before saying that Urban Meyer will be more dominant than that.

Jim Tressell won at least a share of the Big Ten title each of his last 6 seasons. I'll wait a little longer before saying that Urban Meyer will be more dominant than that.

Your not going to have to wait very much longer. OSU granted can't go anywhere this year, but when they finish undefeated, message will be sent and it will be loud and clear. OSU with Urban at the helm it's about to get real.. Seriously this is and always was Meyer dream job and there is no doubt in my mind this is his last stop.. I think I now know why he left Florida... Rumors we flying and Meyer was aware and exited plan out of Florida was initiated....

Still comes down to who executes. Anyone who thinks they will run the table year in year out is delusional. OSU being good is nothing new.

Still comes down to who executes. Anyone who thinks they will run the table year in year out is delusional. OSU being good is nothing new.

This...OSU was dominant under Tressell...if you want to talk about restoring the order talk about Hoke up at Michigan...the BIG is about to become the Big Two again...those two will be far and away the class of the conference.

However I don't think we will be any slouch in the coming years...people fail to realize that this Iowa team is one of the youngest in college football...

tOSU seems to have a read offense, and also seem to like the horizontal game.

Anyone here have any insight beyond what I thought I was seeing yesterday evening?

Meyer has to win six Big Ten titles in a row to supplant Tressel. Never been done before Tress did it. Meyer won't do it either, cuz he won't be there five years.

Latest posts