Hate to say it but Urban is restoring the order for real

BIG football has and always will be about UM/OSU...it is the best rivalry in college sports, however, with the trainwreck UM went through with the RichRod hire, it hasn't been so lately.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but aside from UM/OSU it is really everyone else. Wisconsin has tried to make some noise and they have, but lose any conference game to really establish their arrival, or win that game and lose a meaningless one shortly thereafter.

Nebraska wasn't expected to do a ton this year, but they won their division and then subsequently did what everyone thought, fell flat on their face. To have any sustained success in the BIG you must beat UM/OSU and with Pelini, I don't see that happening.

In the BIG, you lose to UM/OSU in recruiting on paper just about every year, accept that and worry only about on the field and see what happens.

Your whole point on conjecture is funny because with Robinson, it was happening, UM was getting the momentum and then he got hurt. Injuries are a part of the game, but to ignore that the game was changing until Robinson got hurt is absurd. The backup came in and was absolutely awful, he couldn't continue any of the momentum that was gained.

Here is the impact of Nebraska on the BIG, it makes Iowa worse, that is about it. Nebraska has great tradtion and fans, but that wasn't in the BIG. I understand that Oklahoma was a big rival and all, but that was in another league. I am not discounting those things, but one solid year in the BIG is what they have. I also understand Pelinis is rebuilding NU back from what BC turned them into, but it is going to take someone else to return them back to their "glory days" that is just the way I see it. Can NU get back to being a NC contender every year...with their tradition, yeah, but not with BP.

We won't have to worry about him keeping IA out of Rose Bowl... cause he'll have them playing in a much higher BCS bowl. We'll never when B10 with Urban in the conference.

BIG football has and always will be about UM/OSU...it is the best rivalry in college sports, however, with the trainwreck UM went through with the RichRod hire, it hasn't been so lately.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but aside from UM/OSU it is really everyone else. Wisconsin has tried to make some noise and they have, but lose any conference game to really establish their arrival, or win that game and lose a meaningless one shortly thereafter.

Nebraska wasn't expected to do a ton this year, but they won their division and then subsequently did what everyone thought, fell flat on their face. To have any sustained success in the BIG you must beat UM/OSU and with Pelini, I don't see that happening.

In the BIG, you lose to UM/OSU in recruiting on paper just about every year, accept that and worry only about on the field and see what happens.

Your whole point on conjecture is funny because with Robinson, it was happening, UM was getting the momentum and then he got hurt. Injuries are a part of the game, but to ignore that the game was changing until Robinson got hurt is absurd. The backup came in and was absolutely awful, he couldn't continue any of the momentum that was gained.

Here is the impact of Nebraska on the BIG, it makes Iowa worse, that is about it. Nebraska has great tradtion and fans, but that wasn't in the BIG. I understand that Oklahoma was a big rival and all, but that was in another league. I am not discounting those things, but one solid year in the BIG is what they have. I also understand Pelinis is rebuilding NU back from what BC turned them into, but it is going to take someone else to return them back to their "glory days" that is just the way I see it. Can NU get back to being a NC contender every year...with their tradition, yeah, but not with BP.
Thanks for the info, that was pretty much what I was expecting. I guess I have a few random thoughts:

1) 2012 UM-DoNU, when Robinson went out, I believe that we were winning. Did it effect the game? Did the backup stink? Certainly. But we still may have won.

2) As far as UM-OSU, I guess that for me, growing up in Big 8/12 territory, I don't have the "respect" so to speak for that rivalry. It may upset a lot of B1G fans, but outside of the B1G footprint, that game didn't mean much. I understand that it often times decided the B1G champ, but that was about it. I (along with the majority of college football fans) had our sights set on games that had more national relevance, such as NU v. OU, Miami v. Notre Dame, or Miami v. Florida St., Florida v. Tennessee, Florida v. Florida St. etc., games that decided who played for MNC.

3) I don't know if Pelini will bring us back to the level that we had in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. I was hoping he would, but I (along with many other Husker fans) have my doubts. I have many questions about what is going on in Lincoln. But he is winning about 70% of his games. It certainly looks like he will have at least another year or two to give it a shot.

IDK about all this. Iowa has a pretty even split with Wisky and Iowa and MSU have done well against Mich.
74, I think the biggest thing to know about B10 ball is exactly what Bo said, every week is a fight. In the B12, depending on how the schedule worked out, you sorta had some weeks mixed in that were far easier.
To go with a perfect record in the B10 seems to be harder then in the B12 or P12. Those confs bottom teams are getting better, but the gap is still fairly large.
As for UM, I am not sold. He had all that talent there to work with and getting them to play well this season should not have been as hard as some are making it out to be.
As you are a Nebby fan, I am surprised your not calling for heads to roll. Any coach that can win 9 on a regular basis in the B10 is earning his pay. NOW if your fans want to call for heads I would start by gutting that thing you call a D.

Thanks for the info, that was pretty much what I was expecting. I guess I have a few random thoughts:

1) 2012 UM-DoNU, when Robinson went out, I believe that we were winning. Did it effect the game? Did the backup stink? Certainly. But we still may have won.

2) As far as UM-OSU, I guess that for me, growing up in Big 8/12 territory, I don't have the "respect" so to speak for that rivalry. It may upset a lot of B1G fans, but outside of the B1G footprint, that game didn't mean much. I understand that it often times decided the B1G champ, but that was about it. I (along with the majority of college football fans) had our sights set on games that had more national relevance, such as NU v. OU, Miami v. Notre Dame, or Miami v. Florida St., Florida v. Tennessee, Florida v. Florida St. etc., games that decided who played for MNC.

3) I don't know if Pelini will bring us back to the level that we had in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. I was hoping he would, but I (along with many other Husker fans) have my doubts. I have many questions about what is going on in Lincoln. But he is winning about 70% of his games. It certainly looks like he will have at least another year or two to give it a shot.

2) That's funny and the NU/OU rivalry lost all merit the second the B12 came to fruition.

IDK about all this. Iowa has a pretty even split with Wisky and Iowa and MSU have done well against Mich.
74, I think the biggest thing to know about B10 ball is exactly what Bo said, every week is a fight. In the B12, depending on how the schedule worked out, you sorta had some weeks mixed in that were far easier.
To go with a perfect record in the B10 seems to be harder then in the B12 or P12. Those confs bottom teams are getting better, but the gap is still fairly large.
As for UM, I am not sold. He had all that talent there to work with and getting them to play well this season should not have been as hard as some are making it out to be.
As you are a Nebby fan, I am surprised your not calling for heads to roll. Any coach that can win 9 on a regular basis in the B10 is earning his pay. NOW if your fans want to call for heads I would start by gutting that thing you call a D.

Look at how many quality upperclassmen there are on that team...look at how many true freshman and sophomores played...you may think a little differently. In time you will see Hoke will win an NC at UM.

74, I think the biggest thing to know about B10 ball is exactly what Bo said, every week is a fight. In the B12, depending on how the schedule worked out, you sorta had some weeks mixed in that were far easier. To go with a perfect record in the B10 seems to be harder then in the B12 or P12. Those confs bottom teams are getting better, but the gap is still fairly large.
I disagree. Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota (this year Iowa and in years to come PSU could be in that mix) are as bad as the bottom 4 or 5 in the Big 12 or Pac. I guess that the B1G did their best to give us the toughest road to the CCG the past couple of years. In the future, I expect that road to get much easier as Wisconsin and OSU fall off the schedule.

Personally, I don't know what needs to be done, maybe a change in schemes is in order, we certainly need and influx of top notch talent, that is for sure. And make no mistake, there are plenty of NU fans that heads to roll, but do you really fire a coach that has won 10 games and played in the CCG? The last time we did that, we got the Crapahan debacle.

2) That's funny and the NU/OU rivalry lost all merit the second the B12 came to fruition.
You need to check the 60s-90s. The winner of the NU/OU game was a player in the MNC hunt often, I'd say about 50% of the time. Also, 2000 and 2001 would disagree with you, as the winner in both of those years played in the MNC game.

I disagree. Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota (this year Iowa and in years to come PSU could be in that mix) are as bad as the bottom 4 or 5 in the Big 12 or Pac. I guess that the B1G did their best to give us the toughest road to the CCG the past couple of years. In the future, I expect that road to get much easier as Wisconsin and OSU fall off the schedule.

Personally, I don't know what needs to be done, maybe a change in schemes is in order, we certainly need and influx of top notch talent, that is for sure. And make no mistake, there are plenty of NU fans that heads to roll, but do you really fire a coach that has won 10 games and played in the CCG? The last time we did that, we got the Crapahan debacle.

You need to check the 60s-90s. The winner of the NU/OU game was a player in the MNC hunt often, I'd say about 50% of the time. Also, 2000 and 2001 would disagree with you, as the winner in both of those years played in the MNC game.

Nebraska might have an easier road to the B10 championship game but at the end you're still going to run into a steamroller like OSU or Wisconsin, maybe in the future you can hold one of them to under 60 LOL.

Also, GTFO with the NU-OU being bigger than Michigan-OSU. If you're rivalry ain't played every year, it ain't ****. The B12 didn't even think enough of it to make it a protected game.

Nebraska might have an easier road to the B10 championship game but at the end you're still going to run into a steamroller like OSU or Wisconsin, maybe in the future you can hold one of them to under 60 LOL.
Maybe, but I'll take that over 4-8 any day. It's pretty pathetic when you have to rely on your most hated rival to give your football season a little satisfaction.

Also, GTFO with the NU-OU being bigger than Michigan-OSU. If you're rivalry ain't played every year, it ain't ****. The B12 didn't even think enough of it to make it a protected game.
You can thank the Big 12 for that. I guess they could've been like the B1G and make a lame crossover rivalry. Either way, people who know big boy football and play for MNCs know that NU-OU was a more nationally relevant game than UM-OSU from the 70's on.

Nebraska will never be the class of a conference again, get used to second fiddle next to PSU.

I have a sinking feeling that Myer is going to make OSU twice as dominant as they were under Tressel.

Getting in late here, but i would wager that Meyer will not win six straight Big Ten titles the way Tressel did.

Maybe, but I'll take that over 4-8 any day. It's pretty pathetic when you have to rely on your most hated rival to give your football season a little satisfaction.

You mean that same 4-8 team that big red struggled mightily against? We're bad, but don't flatter yourself, Nebby wasn't that great this year either.

Maybe, but I'll take that over 4-8 any day. It's pretty pathetic when you have to rely on to give your most hated rival to give your football season a little satisfaction.

You can thank the Big 12 for that. I guess they could've been like the B1G and make a lame crossover rivalry. Either way, people who know big boy football and play for MNCs know that NU-OU was a more nationally relevant game than UM-OSU from the 70's on.

LOL he mad.

You know else does lame crossover rivalries? The SEC, I think they know a thing or two about playing "big boy" football.

I disagree. Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota (this year Iowa and in years to come PSU could be in that mix) are as bad as the bottom 4 or 5 in the Big 12 or Pac. I guess that the B1G did their best to give us the toughest road to the CCG the past couple of years. In the future, I expect that road to get much easier as Wisconsin and OSU fall off the schedule..

Oh, you mean Purdue who was a preseason fav, but did not play up to potential? Or the Indiana who hung right with OSU? Or the Iowa team who held you to 13, even thou it was the worst Iowa team in a very long time?
Or are you just pointing out the weakest year in the B10 that I can remember? Even Urban got the message loud and clear when they played Indy. How often did you have to seriously entertain the idea of losing to ISU or Kansas? Well even in a very down year, OSU had to think about that against Indy.
You will not have as easy of a path to the ccg again, so enjoy.

You mean that same 4-8 team that big red struggled mightily against? We're bad, but don't flatter yourself, Nebby wasn't that great this year either.
Dude, I never said that we were. As a matter of fact, I've been saying that this NU team is the least talented team I've ever seen. We aren't that good. That's no big shock to me.

You know else does lame crossover rivalries? The SEC, I think they know a thing or two about playing "big boy" football.
They also make a habit of oversigning and cutting student athletes as well as other shady doings. It doesn't make it right or a good idea.

Last edited:
Dude, I never said that we were. As a matter of fact, I've been saying that this NU team is the least talented team I've ever seen. We aren't that good. That's no big shock to me.

They also make a habit of oversigning and cutting student athletes as well as other shady doings. It doesn't make it right or a good idea.

Really? Because looking at the last few national champs it seems like it works pretty damn good for the SEC.

Getting in late here, but i would wager that Meyer will not win six straight Big Ten titles the way Tressel did.

Jon, you always bring this up about Meyer. Would you care to wager that Meyer will win more national titles than Tressel did? Because that's his main goal. He's not just aiming for B10 titles.

Really? Because looking at the last few national champs it seems like it works pretty damn good for the SEC.
True, it works, but do you find it ethical to promise a kid a scholarship, and cut him in a year or two because he has not panned out as you would have hoped?

Oh, you mean Purdue who was a preseason fav, but did not play up to potential?
My friend, if you are pointing to Purdue as preseason favorite, that should tell you all you need to know about the conference.

Or the Indiana who hung right with OSU?
Exactly. As I said OSU is good, not great, certainly not elite.

Or the Iowa team who held you to 13, even thou it was the worst Iowa team in a very long time?
As I have mentioned numerous times, this is the least talented, least disciplined, (and possibly one of the worst conditioned) NU team that I can remember seeing in my life.

Even Urban got the message loud and clear when they played Indy. How often did you have to seriously entertain the idea of losing to ISU or Kansas? Well even in a very down year, OSU had to think about that against Indy.
Yeah they suck now, but in the past 5 years Kansas won a BCS bowl game, which is more than Minn, Indy, Illinois, or Purdue can claim. ISU is going bowling this year and went last year too. If I recall correctly, they have split the last 4 games with the Hawks, and are 9-6 against Iowa the last 15 years.

Or are you just pointing out the weakest year in the B10 that I can remember? You will not have as easy of a path to the ccg again, so enjoy.
Do you really think that PSU will be able to have the success they did this year, with all the sanctions? Do you really think that Indy, Purdue, and Illinois are going to be tougher teams to face than OSU and UW? If things keep heading in the direction they are in Iowa City, that will make the road even easier. And actually, this is about how the B1G has been most of my life, 1 good to pretty good team, about 3 marginal top 25 teams, and the rest. I know that B1G insiders don't want to recognize it, but it is what it is.

Latest posts