Has Uhlis become the PG the fans have been clamoring for?

If I am Fran I tell the kid that his shot selection, drives to the basket, and defense are terrific right now. Keep playing the same style and with the same confidence. You don't have to score 20, you just have to be effective and efficient at scoring. The only thing that will put you on the bench next to me for extended times is if you don't protect the ball.

If I am Fran I tell the kid that his shot selection, drives to the basket, and defense are terrific right now. Keep playing the same style and with the same confidence. You don't have to score 20, you just have to be effective and efficient at scoring. The only thing that will put you on the bench next to me for extended times is if you don't protect the ball.

Yea, I know he's had some head scratching TO's in the earlier games, but there are much worse out there on teams. I mean, Iowa as a team is doing pretty well and has the last few years.

What is more impressive is that they have this low of TO's with the style of play they do pushing the pace. That is really remarkable.

Yup

Possibly, but I think it's just more him being in the system all this time now with all the reps and all the games. He just had to come into his own and settle down a bit. I think him being a veteran kind of helps with his consistency.
I think he has improved as a shooter some. But mostly it's just that he hit a shooting slump early on and then lost all confidence. Similar to Sandfort but it lasted longer. He was also on a team full of scorers so he probably was hesitant to ever shoot, which affects your confidence more.

That dude is a serious winner tho. When the game is on the line, his play goes up. Whether it's a big rebound, a big defensive stop, a late 3, or a drive for an and 1, he always seems to deliver in crunch time. Count me in as someone who hopes he's back on the bench as a coach soon.

Latest posts