Has the program lost momentum?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is not football. A loss doesn't matter that much. We just have to right the ship in a few weeks. Anything is still possible n
When do multiple losses in bball start equaling a single loss in fball? P.s. you know we have multiple losses in a row?

This team has potential to do a lot (still do, the tournament is a new season) but in the big picture a 10-8 or 11-7 season is wonderful. We're a good team that doesn't shoot very well in a sport that is dominated by shot makers. In some ways I think Fran's still building this program.

Were going to make our first trip to the tournament in nearly a decade and you want to suggest the program is losing momentum. Just think about that statement. The answer is pretty simple.

Lets give the coaches a chance to get this team on a roll.Were getting good recruits and we all like the style we're playing.Let's don't get to spoiled though we ran Lute Olson and Tom Davis off and all they did was get us to the Big Dance every year.Fans still weren't satisfied.

Lets give the coaches a chance to get this team on a roll.Were getting good recruits and we all like the style we're playing.Let's don't get to spoiled though we ran Lute Olson and Tom Davis off and all they did was get us to the Big Dance every year.Fans still weren't satisfied.

Some people are already doing it. In 5 years if we only have, like, 3 appearances and no deep runs people are going to flip their ****. It would be dumb to do so but it will happen. Some of our fans are cretins who think we're a way better program then we are in everything.

Maybe we should wait until the season is over before we judge it. It aint over until its over. I think the Hawks are going to win some more games

We have improved since the lickliter erra no doubt.. I give props to Fran for that.

However everytime we blow an opportunity to be something more I'm not just going to go "well at least we are better than 2009"

I tend to live with my teams in the present.

I don't necessarily disagree with you and it frustrates the heck out of me when the Hawks blow big opportunities, too. I don't think that means we should forget the fact that this program has gotten better every year under Fran's leadership, though.

As long as the program is heading in the right direction and improving, I'm not worried. Now, if things stagnate, then there could be a problem, but I'm willing to hold out and see if recruiting improves with us looking like we'll be in the NCAA's this year. I feel that is the key to taking that next step: Getting better players. Until then, gut feeling says we are already close to our ceiling given the overall level of talent Fran has brought in so far. Wanna talk Elite 8's? Better get more 4* recruits than we've been getting.

That said, I feel if Iowa had won some of these close games this year and was more like 22-5 or 23-4 right now and looking at a 2 or 3 seed in the dance, that would help with recruiting all the more. It stings that we're missing out on that. Still, I think Fran has done a great job and am not going to bail just because this year hasn't turned out quite as good as we thought it was going to about a month ago. Lunardi still has us as a 6 seed in today's Bracketology. I'd take it.

Remember, we are "Rising" and have not reached the top yet. The Hawks need our support more than ever. We have a few home games left and need Carver rocking! Obviously not having Basabe in the lineup the last 2 games has exposed depth concerns down low. This team is better than last year and we will have quite a few guys back next year and hopefully they continue to develop and improve. Recruiting right now is my only concern as we need to keep the momentum and continue to rise. We have seen what this team is capable of when they are clicking. Let's hope they get hot again at the right time at the end of the year similar to last year's NIT run. The sky is not falling. Let's show this team why we are considered one of the best fan bases in the country. Stay positive and support this team!

We could start righting the ship tomorrow night by blowing the doors off a rather bad IU team.
Dang it, why can't Iowa have a Minney type shooting night for once?? Don't we get one of those, even once a season? Why do the Hawks always get the butt end?

I remember Iowa lighting it up quite a bit against Michigan a couple weeks ago...

The program isn't losing momentum, but the team certainly has.

Tonight is a big game...a must win IMO.

I want Iowa to start peaking March 14. See Wisconsin's recent rebound after their tough stretch. If we have lost momentum it needs to happen early enough to get it out of our system before the post season.

I want Iowa to start peaking March 14. See Wisconsin's recent rebound after their tough stretch. If we have lost momentum it needs to happen early enough to get it out of our system before the post season.

Winner winner chicken dinner. If we were going to hit a rough patch, it's better now than in 2 weeks. They can bounce back and make a run. We are most likely a Sweet 16 wannabe - but better than just a top 32 team. One and done is my prediction but after what seems like forever I'm just happy to look forward to selection sunday for a change...

Our biggest problem tonight is that we have NO one to control Yogi hit lit us up last year and will again at Indiana tonight...we just need to let him get his and shut everyone else down don't let him break the D and dish.

Ran off Lute Olsen? Uhh no Lute Olsen left for a better job ... because he always was a guy looking for the next job.

My parents knew him personally and went on recruiting trips with him when he was at Iowa... he was a great coach but he was never staying here.

Oh lord please not the Tom Davis analogy... I loved the good Doctor but for the love of Tom Davis this analogy drives me bonkers.

But besides all that I haven't seen one post where anyone said we need to run off Fran....

Quote from a famous playwright: "Behind the eternal optimist lies perpetual fear"

I hope this team starting tonight - gets back to winning. Do I think they will right the ship? I do - however the person in me who lives in reality also tells me that I'm not completely sure.

Lost Momentum...no just Basabe for the past two games. Here's a senior who scores roughly 9 points and grabs 5 or 6 rebounds a game and intimidates people in the paint with his shot blocking ability, and people think you don't miss someone like him. He makes Iowa so much more athletic on defense.

He may not be the straw that stirs the drink, but he's making the liquid move faster in the glass.

Really disappointed in the coaches and kids. Poor poor execution..you learn from the time you are in elementary school stop the ball. Move your feet. I'm just over it. This team is sinking no heart.

Latest posts